Newcastle United vs. Luton Town: 3/2/24 @ 15:00 (No UK TV)

HaydnNUFC

Is there any need to risk Isak? I get  that if the medical team approve it then it's probably okay to do so, but how many times have we seen players come back and then go off in the same game? Joelinton, Willock, Murphy just off the top of my head.

One game without him won't be the  worst thing in the world, especially against Luton. Its probably the one game you'd be okay with it, even if they are doing exceptionally well.

9 minutes ago, samptime29 said:

Hopefully Isak and Barnes are on bench. I assume Almiron, Gordon, Murphy front 3.

Would be delighted with that outcome, like. That front three is potentially very dangerous, too.

I'd at least have Isak on the bench. Luton have already shown us they're not going to just roll over this year. Don't start him, by all means, but we need him as an option if he's fit enough.

Edited by Chris_R

2 hours ago, samptime29 said:

Hopefully Isak and Barnes are on bench. I assume Almiron, Gordon, Murphy front 3.

If the soundbites are coming out of St James Park that Wilson is still doubtful and that Isak has a chance, then I think Isak starts. I'd rather he didn't though and just take enough time to recover properly

Interesting that Ben Parkinson is playing for the U21s tonight. Wonder if we're not going to be needing him tomorrow for bench duty?

Edited by Scoot

Just now, Scoot said:

Interesting that Ben Parkinson is playing for the U21s tonight. Wonder if we're not going to be needing him tomorrow for bench duty?

He’s not been on the bench for a while even when we’ve been low in the striking department. Could be he’s just pap. 

2 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

He’s not been on the bench for a while even when we’ve been low in the striking department. Could be he’s just pap. 

He was on the bench against Fulham last Saturday and City before the 2 week break. Not against Villa it seems.

1 hour ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Sounds like me trying to get frisky after a few on a Saturday night. 

Some sexy Boris Johnson cosplay you got going on there.

6 hours ago, Scoot said:

Diallo related to Doumbia?