Nottingham Forest vs. Newcastle United: 10/2/24 @ 17:30 (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

Burn will start.

Would it be the choice I made? Nope. Will I be disappointed? Slightly.

It won't stop me adoring the manager and getting behind the players. We are well capable of winning, Burn or not.

1 minute ago, STM said:

Burn will start.

Would it be the choice I made? Nope. Will I be disappointed? Slightly.

It won't stop me adoring the manager and getting behind the players. We are well capable of winning, Burn or not.

Burn forms the left cb of a 3 at times during the match, just hope Eddie is proactive if we’re ahead around the 60-70 min mark.

Just now, RodneyCisse said:

Burn forms the left cb of a 3 at times during the match, just hope Eddie is proactive if we’re ahead around the 60-70 min mark.

Yeah it's the, getting absolutely raped by pace, which is the issue.

Burn knows exactly what he supposed to do. It's like shifting a giant redwood on a double decker bus when he's on the back foot which is the problem....

And the lack of protection from the 17 year old in front of him.

I feel like we’ve got to the point where what Burn offers tucking in to make that 3 and his height for set pieces. Is not worth the trade off for him being continually beaten by anyone with pace. Doesn’t get the help he needs without Big and/or Little Joe on that side.  

He is also offering nothing going the other way and not helping us play out from the back. Now that we have a keeper capable of helping with passing round a press. But working the ball to left back seems a waste of time. 

You would think that there might be some tactical adjustments to accommodate Tino and more time to work on them now we are back to one game a week. 

Burn will still start, I’m sure. But it didn’t end well against Elanga last time and the Luton game was probably his worst in an NUFC shirt. 

Feel like him coming out of the side now

would help the side and Burn himself. 

Should be no chance in hell Burn starts this, would be really disappointed if he does tbh. I don't think what he offers in the positives column outweighs the glaring negatives. To stress, I love the bloke as a person, but he needs taking out of the firing line.

2 hours ago, HawK said:

On the other hand, probably only one of those 6 players would make the team if we had a full squad to choose from.

lucky we aren’t playing against our first team or anyone of the top half even.

i know we are in iffy form, but if we can’t be confident going to Forest there is something wrong.

get our attitude right on the day and player for player we are the better team, even with the injuries

1 hour ago, STM said:

Yeah it's the, getting absolutely raped by pace, which is the issue.

Burn knows exactly what he supposed to do. It's like shifting a giant redwood on a double decker bus when he's on the back foot which is the problem....

And the lack of protection from the 17 year old in front of him.

:pardsgrin:

33 minutes ago, Beth said:

If Sels starts all we should be doing is putting crosses into the box, he's more afraid of them than Dracula.

Is this based on 3 months in the team here or been watching him at Strasbourg too?

3 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Is this based on 3 months in the team here or been watching him at Strasbourg too?

Come on, he was absolutely shite for us. He could only have gotten better after leaving us he was that bad.....

We should beat these comfortably, they have only won once at home in the last 3 months in all competitions in normal time.

Included in that they were taken to penalties after extra time in the week by a mid table championship side and drew with a league one side. 

They are shite.

1 hour ago, Beth said:

If Sels starts all we should be doing is putting crosses into the box, he's more afraid of them than Dracula.

How scared is he of Dracula?

Nope. Same team, with Wilson in for Gordon. 

Under the lights, evening, going to be a tough game. Needed their defender to stupidly punch the ball to win there last season, so won’t be a gimme.

55 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

We should beat these comfortably, they have only won once at home in the last 3 months in all competitions in normal time.

Included in that they were taken to penalties after extra time in the week by a mid table championship side and drew with a league one side. 

They are shite.

“Dr Newcastle will see you now” :lol: 

Hoping that Villa game and the two cup wins have sorted out our shocking away form.