Nottingham Forest 2-3 Newcastle United (10/02/24)

Yorkie

Just now, Pata said:

What was wrong with the run? Should have been a freekick but we still maintained possession.

Seen the players they have for the counter attacks?

We have been time and time again by them on the counter, so why the fuck is your CB running past the CM’s towards the opposition box instead of just fucking passing the ball?

5 minutes ago, black_n_white said:

I don’t want to single anyone out but we’ve been weak out of possession ever since Miley came into the team, it’s no surprise really as he’s not got the same energy levels as either willock or Joelinton.

He’s really not there yet off the ball unfortunately. He’s more of a ten in my eyes. 

Just now, St1pe said:

Murphy and Barnes on will get the job done I think. Confident we’ll get it done. 

People slate Miggy and think Murphy is the answer? Fucking hell, he’s had what, 2 good games?

1 minute ago, 1964 said:

That midfield is just too slow

So is the back four.  The two combined is a big problem.  I don't mind Burn at left back but he needs Joelinton to help him out.  Utilising Tino's recovery pace seems a no brainer at this point as it's clear that teams are starting to target Burn

They're kind of letting us pass it around a bit, not trying particularly hard to get the ball off us.

We don't really know how to pass through teams very well so we're not really doing anything with it, other then when Schar crossfields it to Gordon.

They're basically just waiting for things to fizzle out then hit us on the counter. With no pace in our back line or central midfield that's working pretty well for them.

The overall tempo on the ball is very slow. I can see why you would want to be cautious with the ball, as the counter is their gameplan. But a lot more one, two touch, rather than 3,4,5 touches would help. That basic quick pass and move is not something we're particularly competent in.

Draw probably fair so far.