Nottingham Forest 2-3 Newcastle United (10/02/24)

Yorkie

Just now, The College Dropout said:

I was going to say - you can’t underplay the commitment  and work rate Howe gets from the players. It’s a big factor in why the team can sustain a lot of pressure and not concede the goals we probably should. We are also scoring a lot of goals  which is great and we never look totally down and out. We have fight. 

But we don’t look a well coached team atm - particularly defensively.  Glaring weaknesses again and again with what looks like good options sitting on the bench. I’m not a betting man but an Elanga goal contribution was inevitable the moment you saw Burn starting. 

Like I've said a few times, I don't always agree with you TCD but your post about Miley and our defence being exposed the other day was spot on. It where our problem lies.

The lack of Joelinton or Willock is killing us.

No reflection on Miley, he's got bundles of potential. He's just young.

Give us Willock or Joelinton today and we win thar game at a canter.

Hinchcliffe!?  Heathcliff more like, he's as miserable as Wuthering Heights (not the song)

but since I mention it

Hinchcliffe, its we, its two-three away from home, you're so cold

bush-wh-6.webp

It's a huge dilemma for Howe, we lack bite in midfield and 3/4 of the team are so one paced our lines are easily broken, it also doesn't help that our last line of defence in Pope is out of the picture too. Burn is the whipping boy but he lacks any real protection so is the easy target, Livra obviously the better LB but can't do the job that's asked of Burn.

If we change shape to allow better protection we'll lose that intensity and ability to win the ball higher up the pitch and probably struggle to score entirely, keep it as it is and we will continue to ship goals but potentially still win with our attacking threat.

Looking at who's out you can see how it should and will work when we have bodies available but somehow we've managed to frankenstein our way to 7th regardless, so should he really change anything?

It's not pretty, it's not easy to watch and it's tough on the old heart but we're in and around the mix and we're not tumbling down the table 🤷‍♂️

3 hours ago, Andybiotics said:

That was awful.

Looked so much better with Tino/Barnes on the pitch, but absolutely dreadful overall.

Serious questions of Howe once again. Lucky to get anything from that.

Fucking hell. Seriously. Fucking hell. Absolute weapon. 

Just now, wormy said:

Can we not ask questions, guys? We're just asking questions. 

Fuck off. 

Spoiler

Just kidding. 

But fuck off Wormy. 

4 minutes ago, NEEJ said:

Fuck off. 

Hide contents

Just kidding. 

But fuck off Wormy. 

It's attitudes like this that mean we can't include questions in civil discourse. 

Am I the only one that's happy to win a game?

We're in the middle of a dumpster fire season, we still have a full starting 11 injured, coming off a shit result. Sometimes it doesn't matter how you win.

In hindsight, how fucking STUPID are Nottingham Forest FC for letting Turpiier receive and cross the ball for their first goal? :lol: He's taken 100% of our set pieces when available since he arrived here. First time he doesn't take a corner, the opposing team just let him have all the time he needs to receive and cross the ball? Nuno masterclass.

Their fans are an angry lot. We stepped out of the away end for less than 3 seconds and some wanker was starting on my mate. Good job there were about 6 Polis straight over or could’ve got messy. 

Great win, great night. Up the bastard mags. 

16 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Their fans are an angry lot. We stepped out of the away end for less than 3 seconds and some wanker was starting on my mate. Good job there were about 6 Polis straight over or could’ve got messy. 

Pack of cunts. 

1 hour ago, Yorkie said:

Anyone on the WUM gets punted.

IMG_2795.thumb.jpeg.41f8a9b6841ad0a0b74c5fa4b1e1a2fd.jpeg

20 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Aye? We saw nee bother all day tbh. Seemed a really.pleasant place to gan :lol:

1 hour ago, Miercoles said:

Am I the only one that's happy to win a game?

We're in the middle of a dumpster fire season, we still have a full starting 11 injured, coming off a shit result. Sometimes it doesn't matter how you win.

This, man. Even Luton last week was fun as fuck to watch. 

8 minutes ago, Heron said:

Aye? We saw nee bother all day tbh. Seemed a really.pleasant place to gan :lol:

Aye mate. Was surprised as before the game they were all sound enough.

3 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Aye mate. Was surprised as before the game they were all sound enough.

Probably some scab cunt from Mansfield or some other Thatcher loving shit hole. Pack of absolute wankers.

5 hours ago, Conjo said:

In hindsight, how fucking STUPID are Nottingham Forest FC for letting Turpiier receive and cross the ball for their first goal? :lol: He's taken 100% of our set pieces when available since he arrived here. First time he doesn't take a corner, the opposing team just let him have all the time he needs to receive and cross the ball? Nuno masterclass.

Yes.  This trick won't work again against any team that has been paying attention. If Trippier's on the field and someone other than him is taking a corner, it's not going to be a conventional first-time into the box and it's probably coming back to Trippier.

Unless next time we pull the doube-bluff and have Miggy or Gordon swing it straight in . . .