Newcastle United vs. Bournemouth: 17/2/24 @ 15:00 (No UK TV)

HaydnNUFC

46 minutes ago, Conjo said:

Don't know how many times people have mentioned the fact no other clubs have three first team strikers :lol: especially with Howe preferring a settled team over rotation how could we possibly keep three strikers happy to stay here? Even Chris Wood was outta here at the first opportunity once both Isak and Wilson were fit, and we were more than happy to sell him.

Brighton have three? Welbeck, Ferguson, Pedro? A few others do as well, though obviously some count attacking mids as forwards maybe. Not saying if you have three then they'll all be brilliant or up to the task in the same way, but a young lad to give a go would at least be an option in the situation we find ourselves. Younger player would be hungry to impress but could be managed in a way that helps them learn from more senior players.

I'd argue keeping them happy would be much easier if we were in multiple competitions still as well... which we aren't because we've lacked fit, consistent strikers... weird.

Murphy hasn't trained this week supposedly.

Howe also said that Isak is close but won't be available this weekend, and I Howe speak that means he's probably going to start :lol:

3 hours ago, 54 said:

Murphy hasn't trained this week supposedly.

Howe also said that Isak is close but won't be available this weekend, and I Howe speak that means he's probably going to start :lol:

Murphy’s gonna be out for 3 weeks if it’s a calf strain 

1 hour ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Wilson is a blow but not a decisive blow. We can adapt for a game or two as long as a Gordon is available. 

Can’t help but think Bruno will decide this one again. 

Again, that will mean we are relying on these front three until Isak or Murphy are fit to rotate. Not exactly ideal when Gordon himself could probably do with the odd game starting from the bench.

8 hours ago, Nexumaster said:

Brighton have three? Welbeck, Ferguson, Pedro? A few others do as well, though obviously some count attacking mids as forwards maybe. Not saying if you have three then they'll all be brilliant or up to the task in the same way, but a young lad to give a go would at least be an option in the situation we find ourselves. Younger player would be hungry to impress but could be managed in a way that helps them learn from more senior players.

I'd argue keeping them happy would be much easier if we were in multiple competitions still as well... which we aren't because we've lacked fit, consistent strikers... weird.

If you count Pedro then you might as well count Gordon, making it three for us too :)