Sporting Director / Director of Football

r0cafella

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

If it's Freedman it was quite widely reported he wouldn't entertain any offers until the season had finished.

A weird stance if true considering he’s had multiple interviews whilst the season was ongoing.

Edited by SUPERTOON

12 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

A weird stance if true considering he’s had multiple interviews whilst the season was ongoing.

I think what is meant is that he probably didn't want to leave until the season is over. Even to a DoF it might feel like leaving before the job is done. Also Palace have had an upsurge, so you can understand if he'd like to see the season out.

He's interested in the job because he's interviewed for it numerous times. Of course he's also well within his rights to change his mind 

2 hours ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Just me or does it feel like we do a lot of things at a snails pace?

It's you, this is how professionals do business 

15 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

worrying if true!

If by 'interest from NUFC' you mean 'applied for the job at NUFC and went through a number of interviews', then aye. Sounds right.

I’ve got a feeling based on nowt that he’ll turn us down, was reading how he regretted leaving Palace when manager, depends ultimately how ambitious he is as Palace will always be a selling club, but he might have a lot of power at Palace that he won’t get here which might impact job satisfaction.

5 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

I’ve got a feeling based on nowt that he’ll turn us down, was reading how he regretted leaving Palace when manager, depends ultimately how ambitious he is as Palace will always be a selling club, but he might have a lot of power at Palace that he won’t get here which might impact job satisfaction.

I would understand that if he was somehow coerced into applying, but having willing gone through what would appear to be a fairly arduous process to receive an offer - it would be odd for him to turn it down late stage. Not likely to be leveraging it for greater control / remuneration at Palace.

At what point do we dust-off Ashworth's laptop, change his passwords, carry out all his Windows updates and tell him he's not going to Man U as they're pissing about, crack on and do your job.

4 minutes ago, GeordieT said:

I would understand that if he was somehow coerced into applying, but having willing gone through what would appear to be a fairly arduous process to receive an offer - it would be odd for him to turn it down late stage. Not likely to be leveraging it for greater control / remuneration at Palace.

Or he could be using us as a bargaining chip to get a nice wage bump. 

7 minutes ago, GeordieT said:

Emery did it 

1 hour ago, Optimistic Nut said:

At what point do we dust-off Ashworth's laptop, change his passwords, carry out all his Windows updates and tell him he's not going to Man U as they're pissing about, crack on and do your job.

Never

The moment he said he wanted to go to Man U and we put him on gardening leave he was done here

If Man U decide they no longer want him then Dan will see out his gardening leave and go elsewhere but he is absolutely 100% done here

If Freeman wants to stay at Palace then so be it, it is his decision could be family, could be lack of confidence etc, whatever it is his call, but for me without been all billy big balls club about it, it shows a lack of ambition and therefore would he be the right person for the job?.

He won’t have applied for a job, approached by a broker or intermediary. A call arranged, which he’d do out of courtesy.

Maybe they’ve had 2/3 conversations and he’s said he’d be looking for some assurances from his current employer before deciding anything.

Impossible to know as the club do things professionally now.

Howe was asked about it in an interview recently and said if they had to wait 12-18 months for the right person that’s what they would do.. that in itself was quite telling. They’re in no rush and the plans for the summer will be pretty much all but set in stone before Ashworth quit.

At this level you'd expect the interview to be two-way i.e. the candidate would be scrutinising his potential employer, so while I don't think this is the case, it's conceivable he impressed us but we didn't impress him. 

As has been discussed, the structure of modern football clubs is quite nebulous e.g. two people can have the same job title and have very different areas or grades of responsibility. It might just be he was hoping for one type of position and we're offering something different. 

Or it could be Twitter rubbish!

25 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

BAH GAWD KING, THAT'S PAOLO MALDINI'S MUSIC!

Would quite enjoy it being someone totally unexpected if it blew all the media speculation out of the water.

Posted (edited)

Odgers are running the recruitment process on behalf of NUFC

Candidates will be assessing if they fancy working for the club as much as we're assessing whether the candidates could deliver the vision for NUFC

It's a two way process, with Odgers in the middle co-ordinating it

This isn't like Fat Mike down the Dog & Duck offering jobs to the boys because he's 7 pints deep and trying to impress a barmaid who keeps glancing at his wide legged denim pantaloons

Edited by bobbydazzla

20 minutes ago, 80 said:

Would quite enjoy it being someone totally unexpected if it blew all the media speculation out of the water.

Dennis Wise incoming