Sporting Director / Director of Football

r0cafella

54 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Mitchell would be fantastic.

Yep probably my first choice from my limited knowledge. Only other thought was the Brentford bloke as he’s a NUFC fan so you’d hope he’d be more of a keeper and wouldn’t be off gardening in a couple of years.

On 12/03/2024 at 12:23, The Prophet said:

Why is someone as qualified as Edwards hiring a Howe stooge like Hughes?

Stupid Liverpool clearly dont have the wealth of football intelligence as some on here do

1 hour ago, Jack27 said:

Was at Southampton and Spurs, currently at Monaco. 

Source for good: trust me bro

If he was responsible for most of the recruitment 2013/14/15 when Pochetino and Koeman were managing Southampton, then that's enough for me. Their recruitment back then should have seen them competing for Europe, but the team they built was decimated in next to no time.

Edited by mighty__mag

1 hour ago, PauloGeordio said:

For balance, at Monaco, where he probably had the highest degree of autonomy, Paul Mitchell spent 200m euros and mostly missed. That said, it’s always difficult to determine the extent of his responsibility for any of these signings.

1 hour ago, Dr Venkman said:

Good idea. Might be able to help us defend as well.

I actually proposed this combo to my match mates ages ago. Think Rafa's experience and capability to defend and organise teams and instill the right attitude could potentially be a perfect combo with Howe. It may seem a little counterintuitive, but would give us a secondary tactical approach for when we play teams with a decent attacking threat.

Rafa seemingly has a relationship with Staveley too and obviously has one with our fans. I genuinely think it could work.

30 minutes ago, Dr Venkman said:

Rafa could be the coach between 18:00 and 06:00 and Eddie between 06:00 and 18:00.

Exactly, how the fuck would that work?

6 hours ago, McDog said:

Exactly, how the fuck would that work?

Exactly, I mean where is the 15 minute shift handover.

1 hour ago, ScottishMagpie said:

Would they have to share the same whistle on the training ground?

FFP won’t stretch to whistles. They just have to shout WHISTLE very loudly when they want the player’s attention.