Arsenal vs. Newcastle United: 24/2/24 @ 20:00 (TNT Sports)

HaydnNUFC

What have they scored now, 11 in 2 games :lol: was it 3 against Liverpool the week before and all? 

In the words of Clint Eastwood in Gran Torino “things are gonna get fucking ugly”. 

Expecting same team most likely as Eddie doesn't seem keen on changing formation or personal, even though we are haemorrhaging goals at the back.

But I'd try something like.....

--------------------------Dubs-------------------------------

-----------Schar------Lascelles------Botman----------------

---Trippier----------------------------------------Livramento

--------------------Bruno--------Miley-----------------------

Murphy-----------------------------------------------Almiron

--------------------------Gordon----------------------------

Or if need an extra in the middle..

--------------------------Dubs-------------------------------

-----------Schar------Lascelles------Botman----------------

---Trippier----------------------------------------Livramento

--------------------Bruno--------Miley-----------------------

--------------------------Almiron-----------------------------

---------------Murphy---------------Gordon-----------------

Keep compact and restrict Saka and Martinelli as much as possible and try and counter with speed through the front 3 like against villa.

Barnes probably best from bench for this one maybe? With hopefully Isak and Willock available from the bench.  

I swear we always end up being away to one of the league's top inform teams whenever we're in a bad place (this time leaking goals like fuck). Having said that aren't we having our best away form since Sir Bobby was here with four wins in a row in all comps? On paper we look set to be beaten heavily but we know it never works out like that. We'll maybe lose about 2-0 or 2-1 but hopefully we can knick a 0-0 or 1-1. 

These cunts will be extra fired up, they were mighty pissed off about the 1-0 loss at SJP. 

Even parking the bus.....we could end up with a heavy loss. 

The optimistic person in me says things will improve but the realist says this is a spanking and a whiff of revenge all wanked over by the media 

Burn

Burn Burn Burn Burn Burn Burn Burn Burn 

Burn      Burn

k guys so we should go with Burn in goal. A flat back 8 of Burn and two holding Burn’s. Ritchie off the bench to assert dominance if we’re not 4-0 up before 76 minutes. 

4 minutes ago, Joelinton7 said:

Burn

Burn Burn Burn Burn Burn Burn Burn Burn 

Burn      Burn

k guys so we should go with Burn in goal. A flat back 8 of Burn and two holding Burn’s. Ritchie off the bench to assert dominance if we’re not 4-0 up before 76 minutes. 

Arsenal 0-7 Newcastle

Burn 2

Burn 13

Burn 67

Richie 77, 78, 79, 117 (90+27)

Exactly the type of game that we should give our tired legs a rest

which we all know Eddie won’t. Same starting eleven again, including Burn

Edited by Zero

Gonna spend all week, building up Arsenal. Pointing out that they're much the better team and we'll not have much of the ball. Accepting that we're gonna get beat, likely by 3 or 4 goals.

Come match thread, I'm gonna complain that Longstaff isn't controlling the midfield and Gordon should have skinned 8 players and put it in the top corner, twice.

Post match I'll blame Burn for 3 of the 4 goals scored from our right side, and don't get me started on Hall.

32 minutes ago, Zero said:

Exactly the type of game that we should give our tired legs a rest

which we all know Eddie won’t. Same starting eleven again, including Burn

Tired legs?! It’s another week before the game??! 

Will be interesting to see how Eddie sets up for this one. If we try to go head to head, we will get slaughtered. IMO we need to sit deep Rafa style, then try to release the three forwards on the counter. Given that we don't have a striker available I don't really see how else we can approach it, at least with Barnes, Gordon and Miggy/Murphy we'll have pace on the counter.