Arsenal vs. Newcastle United: 24/2/24 @ 20:00 (TNT Sports)

HaydnNUFC

1-0 to us.

A non goal awarded, following a 20 min VAR review. Scored by Burns ass as he jogs back from a corner.

Arteta both cries and vomits pitchside.

Edited by Joe1984

They'll cut through our one dimensional midfield like butter, and have our slow defence on toast.  That said we are always good for at least 1 goal so just the 4-1 defeat i reckon. 

Play like we did v Villa. Composed pressing and then drop back and play disciplined counter attacking football. If we can win the first or second ball it’ll be a game made for us. You could see immediately at Villa that we had the game plan and the confidence. 

Arsenal often get frustrated and their fans will be silent as fuck if we can execute. 

Edited by Kanji

it's unfortunate and kinda typical for us they're in such red hot form right now 

timing of fixtures so important and generally has not been favourable to us this season 

would be delighted with a draw but expecting nowt

no more injuries ahead of Blackburn would actually be a result 

I have a feeling we are going to get taken to the cleaners in this one. We have had some average results recently, and Arsenal are scoring at will.

Wouldn't surprise me if it ended up at 4-0 or 3-0 to them.

2 hours ago, nufc123 said:

They are playing away against Porto. Will hopefully help us a little bit.

I seem to read this a lot before we play a big team involved in Europe but it never seems to pan out like that.

22 minutes ago, TRon said:

I seem to read this a lot before we play a big team involved in Europe but it never seems to pan out like that.

It's still us that's dead on our feet after 70 mins, even with a weeks rest. 

I think it'll be another one of those mental games we've seen recently where we look good going forward but have nae control over the game whatsoever. Which for this sort of fixture I'd actually prefer than us camping in our own half Bruce Style and waiting to get done 3-0. It's disappointing against Luton or Bournemouth at home but away in a tough fixture I think it's the best method of potentially nicking something.

Think there'll be goals, we'll score one or two, as for how many they get is anyone's guess.

3 hours ago, toon25 said:

Won't be watching.

Yeah it's not going to be pleasant - defending isn't our forte at the moment and Arsenal seem to be in a purple patch for scoring goals :howe:

Edited by duo

Will be watching and would just like to see us move the ball round well and ideally not get played through with ease multiple times. If either of those things go fine then I’ll be happy 

I'd go with a 5-2-3 formation against the the we woz robbed crew. 

Dubravka

Trippier

Schar

Botman

Burn

Livramento

Guimaraes 

Miley

Gordon

Barnes

Murphy

Sit in deep and use our pace up top to do the damage. 

Don't get the "won't be watching" now like. It's not like the Ashley/Bruce days when we couldn't give a shit because the club wasn't trying, etc. 

They probably will twat us but this is the NUFC we've craved all along man.

Edited by Optimistic Nut

This will actually be very close.  My prediction is 2-1 to Arsenal and not the hammering that some people think.

We will set up totally to hit them with pace.  So we will sit defensively deep.  A situation/formation whereby we are strange with but I believe is our best outlet.  Could be a shock here like. 🤔 

Probably overthinking it and we’ll be unchanged. But if we were to go 5 at the back. I wonder if it might be Barnes and Gordon up top in kind of a split role? Just purely looking to use their pace in behind. 

Arsenal usually look solid at the back. But I’d imagine by design from us and from their good passing play. We will invite them onto us.

We’ve been good getting in behind the high defensive lines of City and Villa on both occasions this season