Chelsea vs. Newcastle United: 11/3/24 @ 20:00 (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

7 minutes ago, TRC said:

Chelsea are such an odd team, they will get big chances and they will gift us some big chances. I can't remember a team like this who has the ability to beat everyone but also lose to everyone.

Going through their results is so strange. Literally anything is possible.

Drew with City home and away

Beat Spurs 4-1 in that wild game

Drew 2-2 with Arsenal

Lost 2-0 to Everton

Lost 4-2 and 2-1 to Wolves

Just now, timeEd32 said:

Going through their results is so strange. Literally anything is possible.

Drew with City home and away

Beat Spurs 4-1 in that wild game

Drew 2-2 with Arsenal

Lost 2-0 to Everton

Lost 4-2 and 2-1 to Wolves

I think its the combination of elite individual quality and inexperience. Palmer, Sterling, Nkunku and turn it on at any point but they can also just gift goals.

9 minutes ago, Superior Acuña said:

Im there tonight and I’ve been four times before : 0-5, 0-4, 0-1, 0-1. So I cannot be optimistic …

:lol: Jesus

16 minutes ago, Superior Acuña said:

Im there tonight and I’ve been four times before : 0-5, 0-4, 0-1, 0-1. So I cannot be optimistic …

I’m guessing it was mainly during this brutal run?

IMG_0511.thumb.jpeg.dd9a8589d0e5c1af65c4bd7913eef820.jpeg

Edited by SteV

2 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

Who’s missing for you guys tonight?

In total:

Pope

Trippier

Targett (probably)

Hall (ineligible)

Joelinton

Tonali

Wilson

*Barnes (totally unsubstantiated rumours based on him not being in the training pics)

6 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Anyone else feel kind of all-footballed out this season? Every match that comes around now I just feel like I can't be arsed. 

I look forward to the games. I dread the reaction on here.

5 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Anyone else feel kind of all-footballed out this season? Every match that comes around now I just feel like I can't be arsed. 

Quite the opposite for me now. January and beginning of February was particularly difficult to get excited about as we knew the line-up and bench for every game, and also that it probably wouldn't be good enough.

Now we have more rest between games and and key players have returned and starting to get their fitness up so can only see an improvement in our play going forward (assuming no major injury issues comes back again).

5 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I personally don't feel that way, but can empathize with anyone that might. We've obviously had, what could be somewhat expected, a massive comedown from last season. The current campaign has been a war of mental attrition as we've played so much more football than we've been used to the decade prior. 

8 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Heard a little whisper that Targett may be on the bench tonight.

Wonder if he will get more game time than our current 3rd choice LB.

2 minutes ago, ChrisJbarnes said:

Can anyone confirm whether these are e tickets or paper tickets? I've found a guy who wants to transfer me a ticket by email but I thought that they would be printed?

They’ll be paper mate. Sounds like a scam.