Chelsea 3-2 Newcastle United (11/03/24) | Reaction: pg 45

BlueStar

8 minutes ago, worthy said:

Nah, after so many repeated fuckups it’s someone that is giving some bad instructions. Physios or up

Be very surprised if Gordon's injury is anything to do with lack of warm up etc...

Think 1-1 is about right. They were getting the run of the right until we switched Miggy over but they didn't threaten much. We looked comfortable without threatening until we scored. A couple of late scares but overall don't think we've played particularly badly. 

Isak was driving me mad with his failure to get involved. Then the minute he got the ball in that position, I just knew he'd score.

Tino is having a great game. Best I've seen from him. 

3 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

These are incredibly average, a draw at this stage is going to feel a bit 'meh' if I'm being honest 

And we are fucking atrocious at the back. So we just need to score more 

Just now, Dokko said:

Targett for botman? I'm not watching, so only.going off the match thread 

Hell no. Rather have one legged Botman at CB than Burn. 

Just now, Vaj said:

Also, Botman must still have an issue with the earlier injury in the season. A shadow of his former self

His mistakes don’t seem to be physically related.  I think he’s just lost match sharpness and confidence. 

For the most part a bit of a nothing performance against a nothing team who scored a nothing goal.

No idea what the commentator was on about saying our goal came during a period of Chelsea control. Anyone who knows us knows that when we're pressing and dominating possession like that, it just needs for us to click and we'll score.

Annoying that they look dangerous on the break because they're absolutely shite tbh.

For us, we need a few tweaks for it to click, but if it does then it's ours for the taking. Willock could be pivotal and we need Bruno and Isak to be more involved. Longstaff poor, Botman poorer for the goal and Gordon uncharacteristically terrible, but the injury (of course) at least shows why.

Edited by Kid Icarus

1 minute ago, Gawalls said:

RTG talking about our goal and Chelsea defending - “that was absolutely terrible- I’d be embarrassed if our team did that”. This is from the team that let Southampton score 4 past them at the weekend.

Why are you in RTG during our match ffs?

I think we expected them to push higher and start faster than they actually did, they were pretty cautious that entire half. 

We have a chance to adjust now.

1 minute ago, Gawalls said:

RTG talking about our goal and Chelsea defending - “that was absolutely terrible- I’d be embarrassed if our team did that”. This is from the team that let Southampton score 4 past them at the weekend.

Why the fuck would you be on RTG during the match 🤦🏼‍♂️ 

Poor game so far. Longstaff once again a liability in the middle. 

Would take this point now as I have no confidence in us at the back. 

The more I watch the replay of the goal, the more it's clear Dubravka should be aggressive, shout and claim the initial cross.

If Botman is going to clear that however he needs to be booting it into touch or further than the 20 yard zone to their best player.

Crap from them both.

3 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Tino has been quality. Botman and Longstaff have been really poor

Botman has been awful for a good few weeks now.  Need to sign another quality centre half to give him a kick up the arse.