Chelsea 3-2 Newcastle United (11/03/24) | Reaction: pg 45

BlueStar

Watching replays, the clearance from Botman for the first goal is laughable. He just casually chips the ball back into the danger area under little pressure. This is the first thing you are taught to avoid as a young defender, even before playing proper matches. Conceding the corner is preferable.

Edited by Segun Oluwaniyi

1 minute ago, worthy said:

This proves my point 

The physio won't know what's wrong with it by just looking at it ffs. :lol:

1 minute ago, aussiemag said:

isn’t it normal for a physio to test the range of motion on a joint injury? Probably went a bit hard at it. 

this. It’s totally normal. In fact it’s done to see if there is a reaction or reflex. Not sure why people asking for the poor guy to be sacked for doing his job and testing range of motion lol 

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

Saying Longstaff is having a bad game is a bit agenda-ariffic for me, like. He's been very good physically so far imo. 

He's grown into it but he was crap first 20, like. Him tying his laces when we were in a promising attacking position is the most emotional I've been all game.

1 minute ago, aussiemag said:

His mistakes don’t seem to be physically related.  I think he’s just lost match sharpness and confidence. 

This. Decision making has been honking where previously it's been his best trait. Thought we hired that sports psychiatrist to work with the first team? :lol: 

Just now, Yorkie said:

Saying Longstaff is having a bad game is a bit agenda-ariffic for me, like. He's been very good physically so far imo. 

Only thing I really remember is him running the ball out of play on one occasion and then losing possession and falling over on another. No doubt he's running around effectively though.

5 minutes ago, The Bonk said:

1-1 is about right with Chelsea slightly edging it. Sick of us seemingly under sustained pressure in our own end, though. Our defending is so nervy, far cry from previous form. 

Don’t think Chelsea have edged it at all

Edited by Hovagod

Just now, Pata said:

The physio won't know what's wrong with it by just looking at it ffs. :lol:

I no medical expert, but you tend to check movement and limitations. If he can't take that then his game is over.

Just now, Jack27 said:

this is a basic test for a physio to do

Nah mate, incompetence innit. Probably Howe's 3rd cousin or something. Nepotism at it's worst. Heard he stuck razorblades in his shoes pre-match as well, some kind of wacky ritual Eddie learned in his travels. You have to ask yourself if an elite manager would fall for that 

2 minutes ago, Rod said:

Botman has been awful for a good few weeks now.  Need to sign another quality centre half to give him a kick up the arse.

Theres a good reason he hasnt played for Holland yet.....

2 minutes ago, Segun Oluwaniyi said:

Watching replays, the clearance from Botman for the first goal is laughable. He just casually chips the ball back into the danger area under little pressure. This is the first thing you are taught to avoid as a young defender, even before playing proper matches. Conceding the corner is preferable.

I thought it was burn? 

Just now, HaydnNUFC said:

He's grown into it but he was crap first 20, like. Him tying his laces when we were in a promising attacking position is the most emotional I've been all game.

Aye, which lead to him not being available for a pass, and our player having to take it on himself, losing the ball, and Chelsea going up the other end and creating a chance.

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

How I feel about the Burn talk. Longstaff has needlessly lost the ball a couple of times and played Tino and Bruno hospital balls, I know he covers better than Miley but it's wearing thin with him on the ball like.

Just now, Sufi said:

I thought it was burn? 

It was Botman and it was an absolute howler. That's why I'm hoping they score an own goal or something to even things up.

Just now, Jinky said:

Theres a good reason he hasnt played for Holland yet.....

meh he could have made the wc squad. I know a few Dutch fans wanted to see him in it. Doesn’t help that they have Virgil and Ake 

You'd think we should have more passing options elsewhere on the pitch when Chelsea hovers 3-4 players around Bruno at all times and makes sure there's always one player blocking the passing path to him.

Started well until their goal, then 15 minutes of Chelsea controlling (but not being dangerous) the game, last 25 minutes we've been the best side.

Until our goal Bruno had been taken completely out of the game and literally did nothing but back passes, while Isak was very isolated up top. Gordon offered little even before he got hurt and less than nothing after. Botman with two awful clearances and looking shaky yet I imagine if I scroll back a few pages it'll mainly be cries about Almiron, Longstaff and Burn?

Tino is a fucking beast. Schar solid (and handsome) as always. Willock with a few good runs with the ball and got into some dangerous positions. Great bit of skill from Bruno & Isak for our goal.