Chelsea 3-2 Newcastle United (11/03/24) | Reaction: pg 45

BlueStar

2 minutes ago, worthy said:

If I were the saudis I would be looking at a change after this season, especially if Howe gets to decide all incoming.

So you’re ok with him until summer? Then who?

Just now, LiquidAK said:

Gee, what could possibly have limited our options for the majority of the season. Glad we've got N-Os best and brightest on the case, shame Eddie is so thick eh

How about trying to change the way we play to suit what is available. Like most actual competent managers would do. Gee what a thought, must be a rocket scientist to think of something that revolutionary 

1 minute ago, Aiston said:

Could have changed tactics instead of playing 3 in midfield that was getting battered for months to be fair :lol:

The "just change the tactics" crowd is almost as tiresome as the "fatigue isn't real" crowd earlier in the season. Simplistic nonsense 

Edited by LiquidAK

Positives - 2 great goals and managed to nick a goal back to help our goal dif. 

Negatives - erm. Everything else. 

I think that late goal gives something positive to close the game out. But it’s just masking a horrendous performance.

We have had some awful performances and results this season. But for how bad the opposition were on the night. This feels like one of the most frustrating. Feels just as much like points dropped as Luton and Bournemouth the way it’s gone.  

Organization and game management have been poor all season. Once again far too open. It's been poor tonight Isak's class finish aside. Chelsea have been vulnerable to fast breaking counterattacking sides all season and we opted to play a high line and press. Got to 1-1 and hoped we'd take the initiative and instead we've handed it to them with the same issues that happen what's starting to feel like nearly every game. We've cattled Botman and now Gordon looks to have been added to the pile of bodies that seems to be our treatment room . I like Howe and he's got a lot of credit in the bank with me but he needs to start learning these lessons. This Chelsea side is worst they've had since the days of Matthew Harding, tonight was very much winnable and we've absolutely fucked it . 

Not good enough. The worst thing about it for me is that aside from Gusto and Palmer, they were and are absolutely shite. I can't put it down to injuries and fatigue here, we just weren't good enough and didn't compete where it mattered against a team I consider a soft touch.

We've thrashed better teams who've put in 10x the performance and effort that Chelsea put in tonight. I know football is not that simple but it stuck in my mind and felt relevant tonight.

A couple of really standout abject performances for me. I'm sure it's a bit of a knee-jerk but I'm sick of Longstaff now. He grafts his arse off and covers well but he's been woeful on the ball for a while now. Dubravka has been in good form but had one of those Dubravka performances where some of the conceded goals just don't look right.

Dubravka: 3

Livramento: 7

Schär: 5

Botman: 4

Burn: 5.5

Longstaff: 3

Bruno: 5

Willock: 6.5

Almiron: 4

Isak: 7

Gordon: 4 Murphy: 7

Edited by Kid Icarus

6 minutes ago, Pata said:

Aye, good spot.

To be fair we did play like a defeated team for most of the second half. One thunderbastard doesn't change that at all, we were shocking.

Edited by Sean

Just now, worthy said:

How about trying to change the way we play to suit what is available. Like most actual competent managers would do. Gee what a thought, must be a rocket scientist to think of something that revolutionary 

If you can't see that Howe has tried to tweak the way we set up with limited options then I don't know what to tell you. It's not as simple as "just change the formation". This isn't FIFA. 

You can argue about Howe's decisions, but calling him incompetent is just ridiculous. 

We are literally the worst team going when it comes to added time.

Scored on the 90th minute and did fuck all yet again in another added time.