Newcastle United vs. West Ham United: 30/3/24 @ 12:30 (TNT Sports)

HaydnNUFC

Big match for Howe and the players after a break. A win would breed positivity going into Everton, a poor performance and loss and the negativity will really build particularly in the stands (social media would inevitably explode too). 

Racing in the lakes so will try and catch the match in Keswick after. 

Edited by ExiledGeordie

20 hours ago, Matt West Ham said:

Afternoon Ladies and Gents.

West Ham fan here. We are introducing a "view from the Opposition" on one of our forum's. Done it before and it is nice to see the insight of an opposition fan. All light hearted fun, bit of p*** taking from our side and hopefully we get a bit back.

Looking for a fan to answer some questions before the game and just a few after. 

Anyone up for answering?

TIA 
Matt

I’d do that, half my mates are West Ham fans [emoji38]

On 19/03/2024 at 07:32, Optimistic Nut said:

It's posts like this and the Conjo one which makes me think what West Ham would be like with a more progressive manager. So much talent in there. Moyes will have them "par" at best, but I reckon a Potter or Howe would have them punching a place or two higher. They could be around where Villa & Spurs are. 

There's a lack of quality in the team though.

7th and getting to the latter stages of the Europa would be a good campaign.

In terms of results - Potter had a genuinely impressive 4 months last season. Otherwise he had Brighton roughly where they should be. Midtable.

I thin we need a win if we are going to go on a strong run.

56 minutes ago, jonny1403 said:

I’d do that, half my mates are West Ham fans [emoji38]

Jonny top man, can you send me a message with your email address mate and I will sned the questions over. Thanks

6 hours ago, Matt West Ham said:

Jonny top man, can you send me a message with your email address mate and I will sned the questions over. Thanks

Just have mate!

Dubravka / Trippier-Schar-Burn-Tino / Longstaff-Bruno-Willock / Almiron-Isak-Gordon

That can be the team I can see starting from Howe so far. See how much that get's impacted over next week. Ideally, I'd have Miley in over Longstaff.

On 19/03/2024 at 13:45, Matt West Ham said:

Afternoon Ladies and Gents.

West Ham fan here. We are introducing a "view from the Opposition" on one of our forum's. Done it before and it is nice to see the insight of an opposition fan. All light hearted fun, bit of p*** taking from our side and hopefully we get a bit back.

Looking for a fan to answer some questions before the game and just a few after. 

Anyone up for answering?

TIA 
Matt

Are you this guy? If so, absolutely yes.

On 19/03/2024 at 07:32, Optimistic Nut said:

It's posts like this and the Conjo one which makes me think what West Ham would be like with a more progressive manager. So much talent in there. Moyes will have them "par" at best, but I reckon a Potter or Howe would have them punching a place or two higher. They could be around where Villa & Spurs are. 

Not sure on that. Their defence is wide open when they do attack and while their squad is decent they’re a bit like us. Too slow bar Kudus in key areas and too reliant on transitions (albeit set pieces moreso for them). Moyes is tough one. He’s done well but when it doesn’t work it’s absolutely shite to watch. As he was at the Ev. 

Don’t win this and our season is done for me. No reason why shouldn’t win either.

21 hours ago, TRC said:

@Matt West HamHow confident are you for the game? Is Alvarez a big miss for you?

TRC,

You never know how Moyes is going to set up to play. If we sit back and give you the ball, which seems to be his tactic the past 18 months then you will win if we don't get an early goal. If he sets us up to have some possession and go at you then I think we could get the draw and possibly nick it. 

You have some key players out and thank fuck Wilson is injured, he scores against us every time he walks on the pitch.

Alvarez is a miss but shouldn't be the game changing reason we do or dont get a result. He does loves a yellow card and late lunging tackle, thats fine if he played forward a little more, but as a holding midfielder it gives a lot of lovely placed free kicks for the opposition.

On 21/03/2024 at 05:34, Matt West Ham said:

TRC,

You never know how Moyes is going to set up to play. If we sit back and give you the ball, which seems to be his tactic the past 18 months then you will win if we don't get an early goal. If he sets us up to have some possession and go at you then I think we could get the draw and possibly nick it. 

You have some key players out and thank fuck Wilson is injured, he scores against us every time he walks on the pitch.

Alvarez is a miss but shouldn't be the game changing reason we do or dont get a result. He does loves a yellow card and late lunging tackle, thats fine if he played forward a little more, but as a holding midfielder it gives a lot of lovely placed free kicks for the opposition.

Isak does too, mate. 

On 19/03/2024 at 08:32, Optimistic Nut said:

Well, if we are going to put their lack of injuries down to playstyle, you can only imagine where they would be with a more demanding playstyle. They have some key players that they look so much worse without. Look at what happened when Paqueta (and Kudus) was out. They had an absolutely awful run of 6 games until he came back. If Howe was managing them Paqueta would've probably been injured for more than 6 games this season, considering the difference in style of play (if that really is the cause of their lack of injuries). Their squad depth is worse than ours.

Edited by Erikse

2 hours ago, Matt West Ham said:

Evening ladies and gents,

Just like to say a massive thank you to Jonny for taking the time to reply to our questions. For those interested here is a link to the post.  

http://www.westhamonline.net/forum_flat.php?10181462||1 

Good luck at the weekend, just hope you don't have as much as us... Happy Easter to all
Matt

Love this sort of fan interaction, like. Top man @Matt West Ham 

This has total balls up written all over it. More injuries, and a team that has flip flops on ready for holidays, and traditional Manager sound bites "there's still a lot to play for"....0-3 

And given my record watch us pull in a 6-0 win

I reckon it'll be a nervy, scrappy 2-1 win. Could see us going 2 up, them getting one back after the hour and then a rearguard action to see out the points.

Atmosphere will be flat as a fart due to the kick off time.

Can see this one defining Howe's future. We need to not look listless and disorderly. Hope we take them apart.

2 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

We have been away, haven't we? Interesting that there hasn't been a scrap of content. 

They said beforehand that there'd be none of the usual media stuff this time around. Idea being to focus on the fundamentals.

4 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

We have been away, haven't we? Interesting that there hasn't been a scrap of content. 

Boys have been putting in the work. 

14 hours ago, toon25 said:

Love this sort of fan interaction, like. Top man @Matt West Ham 

Some of the questions were pathetic mind

(Not from him before anyone says)

Edited by jack j