Newcastle United 4-3 West Ham United (30/03/24) | Reaction: pg 50

Yorkie

1 hour ago, madras said:

Does he have to take possession?

If you kick someone on the ankle middle of the pitch when the ball is nowhere near, it's a free-kick like. 

It's obviously an accident but he's still kicked him, so it's a penalty. Pretty blatant too. 

3 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Unreal that, think I felt every emotion possible at the match.

I have said it so many times, but Dubravka is absolutely fucking diabolical. He had a good game at Blackburn in the cup but that aside, he’s been a complete clown. 

First goal he gives Antonio the full goal to aim at basically. Second goal his crisp packet wrists see him concede a pathetic goal. Then he nearly cost us at the end. Surely Karius isn’t as bad as him man?

Longstaff. Won’t say any more.

The third goal has become his trademark though, just so slow to get down.

4 hours ago, bigfella said:

I know we're down to the bare bones with injuries, but Joelinton's lass AND bairn in the squad photo :love:

thats a great spot.

class.

3 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

The third goal has become his trademark though, just so slow to get down.

Never seen it back, but doesn’t surprise me.

It is painful watching him. Thought he was decent under Benitez as well. 

Obviously Barnes changed the game (along with them taking Antonio off and seemingly removing their threat on the counter) but I thought Hall was excellent when he came on. Absolutely tenacious which is what we needed at that point.

We did well to get our heads back in the game. Our intensity had dropped so low, there was a point where they had knocked it out for a throw while Schar was injured, we threw it back to Zouma and we had so little pressure on him he made a gesture to say "Are we playing again?" :lol:

Also shout out to the two blokes next to me who were blabbering on about coming from 3-0 down to beat Arsenal 4-3 thanks to an Asprilla hattrick and a Tiote winner. Confusing about three separate games there.

12 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

I have said it so many times, but Dubravka is absolutely fucking diabolical. He had a good game at Blackburn in the cup but that aside, he’s been a complete clown. 

Just because you keep saying it doesn't mean it's true. "Diabolical" & "complete clown" :lol: :lol:

He's not Pope. That's as far as I'll go. Definitely worthy of being a 2nd choice keeper.

1 minute ago, Conjo said:

Just because you keep saying it doesn't mean it's true. "Diabolical" & "complete clown" :lol: :lol:

He's not Pope. That's as far as I'll go. Definitely worthy of being a 2nd choice keeper.

He’s absolute cat shit like. We were walking wounded for weeks before Pope popped his shoulder out and yet the minute Dubs comes in we go from best defence in the league, verge of the CL spots to a leaky sieve.

I appreciate it’s not his game to play the way we want, but some of his keeping is suspect regardless. He’s not fit to be our number two now.

Just now, christ said:

He’s absolute cat shit like. We were walking wounded for weeks before Pope popped his shoulder out and yet the minute Dubs comes in we go from best defence in the league, verge of the CL spots to a leaky sieve.

I appreciate it’s not his game to play the way we want, but some of his keeping is suspect regardless. He’s not fit to be our number two now.

Not going to go into it, but hope you can grasp the concept that losing Pope wasn't the only thing affecting our defence/form.

He's absolutely fit to be our number two....provided our number two doesn't need to play half the games of a season.

3 minutes ago, Conjo said:

Not going to go into it, but hope you can grasp the concept that losing Pope wasn't the only thing affecting our defence/form.

He's absolutely fit to be our number two....provided our number two doesn't need to play half the games of a season.

You are wrong. Enjoy your evening.

Oh and a thank you to the West Ham fans who I've never really had a problem with before but your decision at 3-1 up to try and take the piss rather than just getting behind your team probably spurred our crowd on more when we got one back and the way you left in droves after going behind despite there being loads of extra time was delightful.

33 minutes ago, JUICE690 said:

Anyone know if TNT put full 90 minute replays up to watch? Missed this. :/

06:30 - 08:00 tomorrow and 08:30 - 10:00 Monday on Sports 1 according to the EPG. Clearly that's 90 mins which doesn't allow for time added on. Should be most of it.

Edit. Just noticed tomorrow's broadcast follows live UFC from the States, so the schedule could change.

Edited by DahnSahf
Additional info.

1 hour ago, Conjo said:

Not for us he’s not. The differences between him and Pope are too vast.