Newcastle United 4-3 West Ham United (30/03/24) | Reaction: pg 50

Yorkie

1 minute ago, Numbers said:

Still cant get over that fucking whopper singling out the poor ballboy, what a fucking nodger man, wtf is all that about?

He wanted his stool I think; he has a poxy celebration where he takes a stool and sits on it.

Weird as shit trying to take one off a ballboy like.

Just now, Yorkie said:

He wanted his stool I think; he has a poxy celebration where he takes a stool and sits on it.

Ah ok, fucking weirdo, kid thought he had done something wrong lol

27 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

It's been an absolute disaster for all involved that loan move. Played himself out of the England squad, cost West Ham a few games with his errors and tanked the value anyone will pay City for him in the summer now [emoji38]

1 hour ago, Yorkie said:

saw someone on Reddit describe the ballboy as the reverse Rosa Parks and I lost it :lol: 

1 hour ago, Adam said:

Regarding the ball boys, when did they bring in balls on the cones rule? 

This week. Home advantage lost but was actually better than I thought. Still not a fan as part of football is the home/away nature of the battle.

What a day! Was hugging with strangers after the 3rd and 4th, absolute carnage. 

Read through the whole thread and thought Burn wasn’t getting enough praise, think he misplaced one pass all game and was pretty much perfect for the rest of it. Hall looked really good too but West Ham just giving up on attacking probably helped him. 

Both penalties looked soft on highlights but Gordon is so fucking good at getting his feet in there right in time to to get those penalties. Can’t blame him for taking advantage of the rules.

Edited by Pata

Thought this was a good point, technically they are both fouling and usually the one who screams louder gets the foul. Really tough situation for referees and I don’t think VAR should overturn any decision in these spots. But considering how ridiculous their second goal was, this felt like justice.

PS. Not a penalty nonce.

6 hours ago, Numbers said:

Still cant get over that fucking whopper singling out the poor ballboy, what a fucking nodger man, wtf is all that about?

Tbf it seemed like he was politely asking for it and the ballboy looked like he knew that but pretended he couldn't hear him

Don't think Kudus was being a dick like some seem to be suggesting 

On the penalties, there isn't any dispute about the first one, only have to see the reaction of Coufal to know it was clear

The second one will be debated for a while with no agreement, I lean towards it being a penalty. 

I reckon it’s a 50-50. There’s an argument that Gordon was obstructing but you can’t kick someone in the penalty area. Went our way this time and I’m sure the crowd and playing at home helped swing the decision in our favour.

1 minute ago, astraguy said:

Once lascelles went off I thought Dummett would be the ideal replacement

Krafth before Dummett all day. Eddie didn't know he was gonna pull a stinker. 

4 hours ago, Pata said:

Thought this was a good point, technically they are both fouling and usually the one who screams louder gets the foul. Really tough situation for referees and I don’t think VAR should overturn any decision in these spots. But considering how ridiculous their second goal was, this felt like justice.

PS. Not a penalty nonce.

I don’t think he is, he actually comes in from the side and puts his foot there.

If I was making the roles then that type of thing wouldn’t be a penalty (potentially the same as the 1st), I have been the defender in that situation where you are moving your leg to kick the ball and someone puts theirs in the way. There is nothing you can do to stop it, however the top 6 clubs have been doing that shit for years in order to get penalties and free kicks, and now we are in a position where it is a default penalty.

It is a perfect example where contact shouldn’t equal a foul, but this is where we are with the game.

There was a thread about that penalty on Reddit that was filled with Arsenal and Liverpool fans saying it wasn’t a penalty, we are paid the referee etc. One Liverpool fan outright said it’s not a penalty and someone was actually patient enough to go back 2 years to an identical incident for Liverpool where he said it was a penalty. They Liverpool fan was complaining saying the video had expired, he has no idea what he was on about, so said guy linked it to a video again, and he was whinging trying to weasel himself out of it by saying it was a foul according to the rules then, but not now.

I found that to be fairly funny like.