Newcastle United vs. Everton: 2/4/24 @ 19:30 (TNT Sports)

HaydnNUFC

3 minutes ago, mondonewc said:

Really surprised we are touching evens for this tmoro, seems big price no?  

Yeah. You can get evens a few places. Does seem a decent price.

I can only assume the injuries and the fact we keep conceding 3 or more at home have been factored in. 

1 minute ago, Lush Vlad said:

Yeah. You can get evens a few places. Does seem a decent price.

I can only assume the injuries and the fact we keep conceding 3 or more at home have been factored in. 

Yeah, same thoughts but just feels like an overreaction, and undervaluing how poor Everton's form is, we really should be beating these a high % of the time to make evens a nice bet. I try to never bet on the Toon though with the blinkers on :)

2 hours ago, worthy said:

It will be a 4-3-3 with Burn as LB and Dummet as CB. You know it, I know it, everyone knows it :lol:

Let's revisit this. You have to a t least hope he spotted what most of us did?

Edited by mighty__mag

Expect this is going to be unpleasant and not remotely a follow on from the end of the West Ham game. Don't think I associate any club with wretched football as much as these and would tend to think just scrape a 1-0 but its nonsensical to forsee us not conceding.

Just going to jinx a possible theme now by mentioning the dodgy keeper stuff could be on the other foot on this occasion.

Edited by Jonas

Probably going to need 3 goals from ourselves to win this.

If Tino and Almiron have joined the already massive list of absentees, I'd consider a point a good result.

Edited by Turnbull2000

They beat us fairly comprehensively at their place. This will be a draw I reckon, 2-2 probably. But Gordon being out is going to harm our ability to score and create anything massively.

The shuffle of the backline might be a blessing in disguise in some respects. 

Wonder if we might see Anderson on the left tonight instead of Barnes? The fact Barnes only came on when Miggy had to go back off would suggest he's not fully fit. Plus it'd be nice having an option again from the bench. 

If everyone that went off against West Ham are unavailable what do we look like today, something like this?

Murphy - Schar - Burn - Hall

Longstaff - Bruno - Willock

Ritchie - Isak - Barnes

Depending on the fitness of Barnes/Anderson either of them probably cant do 90 so might as well have some pace coming off the bench. There is an argument for Dummett at either fullback to push Murphy ahead to avoid Ritchie as well. But this is looking a bit tight.

Dubravka

Trippier Schar Burn Hall
Longstaff Bruno Willock
Murphy Isak Anderson

Karius, Dummett, Ritchie, Barnes, 5 x academy kids.

Edited by NSG

If Everton actually tried to attack us and get at us tonight they actually have a decent chance of getting something with all the injuries we have and the fact we can't defend, as it's Dyche though they will likely just sit in and make it difficult for us to score which should play into our hands .

15 minutes ago, Geogaddi said:

If Everton actually tried to attack us and get at us tonight they actually have a decent chance of getting something with all the injuries we have and the fact we can't defend, as it's Dyche though they will likely just sit in and make it difficult for us to score which should play into our hands .

Hmm, not sure like. I reckon if they sit in and can keep us out, they might have more luck on the break with our high line.

Also think if they attack us, we'd pick them apart on the break ourselves.

Edited by Optimistic Nut

13 hours ago, mondonewc said:

Really surprised we are touching evens for this tmoro, seems big price no?  

Aye i thought it was weird. We were the same price against West ham. Bookies obviously thinking injuries aren't helping us

Just now, jack j said:

Aye i thought it was weird. We were the same price against West ham. Bookies obviously thinking injuries aren't helping us

They aren’t wrong 

53 minutes ago, NSG said:

Dubravka

Trippier Schar Burn Hall
Longstaff Bruno Willock
Murphy Isak Anderson

Karius, Dummett, Ritchie, Barnes, 5 x academy kids.

Anderson at LW crossed my mind also. But Barnes not starting would be crazy to even consider from Howe. I know he's just coming back from injury but still.

7 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

Anderson at LW crossed my mind also. But Barnes not starting would be crazy to even consider from Howe. I know he's just coming back from injury but still.

Then in 2 weeks when Barnes is ruled out for the season people will be whinging about Howe rushing him back and causing it (not you personally)

image.thumb.png.2e435822518a8bdd4057d154103a40df.png

Mental injury list that.

A win would be great here. Given West Ham have Spurs and Man Utd with Chelsea, we could be in touching distance of 6th. Fairly remarkable given everything thats gone on this season. 

All together now, "state of our bench", once again all together, "state of our bench".

Right now enjoy the game!

4 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

image.thumb.png.2e435822518a8bdd4057d154103a40df.png

Mental injury list that.

A win would be great here. Given West Ham have Spurs and Man Utd with Chelsea, we could be in touching distance of 6th. Fairly remarkable given everything thats gone on this season. 

Targetts done his Achilles? If so isn’t he the 2nd player to do this on the back of an initial hamstring injury recovery? (Willock)

I feel a defence of Trippier Schar Burn Hall gives us a very good balance, something we've lacked this season, Burn for me is a natural CB. 

Fingers crossed they can keep fit and put a run of games together. 

Edited by Fenham Mag