Fulham 0-1 Newcastle United (06/04/23) | Reaction: pg 44

Yorkie

53 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Can someone link me to worthy and nemtizz posting given we won and kept a clean sheet? Ta 

Sorry was busy watching it at a pub :lol:

4 minutes ago, worthy said:

Good win, especially since we looked extremely poor. But Fulham didn’t take there chances, so some very nice 3 points.

We didn't take ours either,  Chance for chance it was even and we had one ruled out which shouldn't have imo.

50 minutes ago, Kanji said:

very harsh post re: his heart. Weird first sentence and then contradicted second sentence for half of it. 

No contradiction. His footballing ability is way more advanced than his footballing mentality.

I can't prove it but I think he had a tough tackle and bottled it. Won't be the first.

1 minute ago, STM said:

No contradiction. His footballing ability is way more advanced than his footballing mentality.

I can't prove it but I think he had a tough tackle and bottled it. Won't be the first.

You wouldn't put him in the team for his tough tackling like.

1 minute ago, TRon said:

You wouldn't put him in the team for his tough tackling like.

That's for certain. 

16 minutes ago, STM said:

That's for certain. 

I imagine Howe plays him for other qualities that tougher tacklers might lack. I mean Dummett's a tough tackler but you wouldn't play him left midfield.

1 hour ago, STM said:

I'm sure there was a twinge or whatever but some players lack bottle for the battle.

I don't like Longstaff but in the same circumstances Longstaff stays on the pitch.

I think that's massively unfair.

1 hour ago, LionOfGosforth said:

Horrible feeling it's Pardew now...

1 hour ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Correct. :lol:

Wow.

Was the first time I remember it getting gnarly under Ossie on the fourth.  Pardew SJP contributions beginning as they meant to go on.

Trust us to pick the one game Rob Lee didn't score against us at SJP in

Edited by Jonas

Just got back, thought Burn and Gordon were great, rest of them not so much but a great win none the less. Krafth wouldn't start for another prem team, I'm convinced.

11 minutes ago, 80 said:

I think that's massively unfair.

So be it. :lol:

Just a bit fed up of all the injuries. Certain players more than others.

Excellent win at Fulham again. We've had a good run against them recently winning 7 and drawing 2 of the last 9 - and they've only scored 2 against us in those matches.

First half is one to forget, really slow start, messy and lacking any quality from anyone. The Dubz "iniury" was perfectly timed and seemed to swing the game.

I thiugh Burn at LCB has been faultless and dare I say his partnership with Schar looks better than that with Botman for the last few months.

Willock was poor before he limped off and the change for Anderson was a positive one, he's really starting to look class and made a big difference today.

Gordon was his usual menace today causing them all kinds of problems once we settled and Bruno scoring a goal like that on his 100th appearance was just perfect.

1 point behind Man Utd and West Ham with a game in hand on the latter and a massive GD advantage on both is insane when you put this season into context. It makes me want to vomit but hopefully Liverpool do us a huge favour tomorrow.

49 minutes ago, Menace said:

Just got back, thought Burn and Gordon were great, rest of them not so much but a great win none the less. Krafth wouldn't start for another prem team, I'm convinced.

He's at best our third choice RB so I think you're probably right

In fact, we lined up today;

2nd choice GK

3rd choice RB

1st and 4th choice CBs

3rd/4th choice LB

Which makes the clean sheet even more remarkable.

How many times have we battered teams teams and lost to the one decent chance the other team had? More than I can recall, and one in 95/96 could have altered the whole football landscape.

It's nice when we're on the good end of it

1 hour ago, STM said:

Bullshit.

1 minute ago, cubaricho said:

I wish I was there. I’m in Nashville for the fan fest but I was sleeping in some chick’s bed when the match was on. :lol: 

Christian Bale GIF

4 hours ago, Jordan said:

It wasn’t working though. I understand bringing Barnes and Anderson back from injury but start them and then take them off after say an hour. 

I meant if it's working bringing on impact subs.... rather than starting your best team