Newcastle United vs. Tottenham Hotspur: 13/4/24 @ 12:30 (TNT Sports)

HaydnNUFC

I will be annoyed if Burn moves back to left back, he has been poor there for most of the season and as soon as he has been moved to centre back he has put in a couple of fantastic performances and seems to be back to his old self. 

I would personally give Alex Murphy a game at left back so have at least one acceptable player on the bench that could make an impact (J. Murphy), but I can see it being Dummett unfortunately.  

I think we're all in agreement that the same players we lambast every week for not being good enough and need to be shipped out yesterday, should still be enough to beat 4th in the table Tottenham.

winning this to go above ManU would be absolutely beautiful 

however I think Spurs could have a field day if they show up

competing in the PL against the better teams with 13 players unavailable is not realistic unfortunately 

Hopefully some nerves get to Spurs tomorrow. With their upcoming games, they'll be earmarking this as a game they have to be winning to get top 4. The tighten up in their play and make mistakes, the door opens more for us giving the depleted squad we've got.

We've proved capable of scoring goals all season and spurs have leaked goals also. Just depends how the makeshift defence cope. Very much feels like counter attack tactics need to be applied. Leave Barnes Isak and Gordon high up but instruct everyone else to sit in a little. Spur have too much pace up top and if we play anywhere near as open as we have at times this season we will get ripped open. 

We are obviously going to concede a few with that defence we have playing , I doubt Spurs will have come up against a worse defence all season. Still expect us to cause them a lot of problems going forward though .

On 07/04/2024 at 13:36, Kid Icarus said:

Another team I always fancy us against at home...then I saw the kick off time :rolleyes:

Even more of a pain in the arse with the metros being off around the coast.

I’m expecting marauding Dummett runs from centre half, Bruno popping balls over Sonny’s head, Burn crashing headers 100 yards down the hill straight into the top corner, Dubby shooting off his line like a greyhound to fettle Richarlison. Gordon breaking ankles, Barnes with more mazy runs than Richard O’Brien. Murphy with a 80 yard raker before dislocating his jaw in the celebs. Alex Ikea to fold them into flatpacks. Mad Dog’s teeth to blind every single Spurs staff member and Eddie to smoke a big fat one right in front of Impostercoglu and Spurs fans to be shouting “again blud, again fam”. 

Edited by Joelinton7

Just now, BoSelecta said:

Still haven’t figured out how I’m getting in

Replacement bus is to North Shields or Benton, then metro is always an option :anguish:

3 minutes ago, BoSelecta said:

How bad is the 305? Thinking about trying it.

I've only used the 308 which is alright but takes about 45 minutes to get from Whitley Bay to town when the roads are busy.

The way I look at it is, if we were going to have to field a weak team, this isn't the worst fixture for it. Even with Willock and Hall available we still aren't really a great side and Spurs could easily have gone away with a win anyway. Free hit for me, not really expecting anything much from it with such a pish line up.

Yes I know we are at home, but with so many holes in the squad right now I don't think we are in a fit state to compete against a CL chasing team.

Spurs look wide open from what I've seen, but of course they have some very dangerous players and our defence is decimated.

Could be any scoreline really, but I'd be very happy with not losing. 

I can't believe the negativity on here.  Our fans are honestly getting worse.  Tough game that we win 2-1.  See you all tomorrow.:)