Newcastle United 4-0 Tottenham Hotspur (13/04/24) | Reaction: pg 36

Yorkie

Sensational today from start to finish.

Eddie Howe - Tactics spot on. Spurs didn't play well, but we pressed them much like the PSG game. Touch tight. Followed them everywhere.

Defensively we've improved 10 fold since that West Ham game. We look more like ourselves from last season. Burn and Schar have been imperious as a pair. 

Midfield balance seems so much better with Anderson in there. I love Willock, but can't help feel like he doesn't fit into how we want to play in the future. Bruno will absolutely get a yellow against Palace [emoji38]. Longstaff had a much better game today. I'm not sure what Anderson will develop in too, but he's an absolute powerhouse.

The front three were fantastic throughout. There's goals littered across them and we'll punish some teams if they start the remaining games.

Special mention to the camera footage of those kids celebrating with those special shirts on. Encapsulates football and the feeling it gives us all.

Spurs? Shite.

I'm not going to search me own crack 😜 but I recall posting on here, last year, that Elliott sees himself and wants to play CM. He's got family next  door so I'm an Anderson itk 😉

He's got qualities

51 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

The Possession stat is just a straight sum of passes that both teams made, it’s nothing to do with time on the ball. Just means we allowed them a lot of the ball in places that couldn’t hurt us. And effective counter attacking performance will often produce stats like that. 

I know that. But if you can show me an examples of games where a team with less that 30% possession had more than 4 times higher xG than their opponent, then I'd like to see it (or have an xG above 3). You will struggle to find it. It's still very very rare that it happens to this extent. Not that it matters for anything, it's just a crazy stat.

Edited by Erikse

4 hours ago, Jonas said:

We've done really bloody well this season factoring in the injuries. I'd have taken this with half the players out we've had.  Probably would have took not much short of this at the start of the season.

I genuinely think the retrospective view of this season will be one of absolute astonishment at how well we did. 

10 minutes ago, 54 said:

"Take this team down to the vets and tell the fans they've got to live on a farm" is iconic tbh :lol: 

The black guy's over-acting makes him unwatchable.

Laughed at the fat welsh guy blaming the referee for booking Van de Ven. As if Spurs, and Maddison in particular, didn't get away with murder :lol: 

24 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

Laughed at the fat welsh guy blaming the referee for booking Van de Ven. As if Spurs, and Maddison in particular, didn't get away with murder :lol: 

Hippie guy for the first two goals: “it’s fine. No worries.”

Hippie guy for the third goal: *string of unpublishable expletives*

:lol:

59 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

I don’t get him, honestly I have seen him before and his reaction never makes it clear if he’s cheering the goal or cursing it.

I also don’t understand why anyone would fucking watch them watching the match when it’s on TV if you were a fan of the club. Aye ok let’s say you were an Arsenal fan who aren’t playing until tomorrow and want to see if they are crying in their cornflakes, but a Spurs fan absolutely should not be watching them, and how fucking many do they have?

1 hour ago, 54 said:

"Take this team down to the vets and tell the fans they've got to live on a farm" is iconic tbh :lol: 

Creased me that 🤣

1 hour ago, 54 said:

I found the subdued contemplation from the Korean fans unreasonably funny, like [emoji38]

The 2nd best thing about the match today was that i passed a lady in mobile scooter coming out an exit in the leazes and she had a cat on her lap.

Never seen a cat at the match, until today. 

2 minutes ago, woody said:

I found the subdued contemplation from the Korean fans unreasonably funny, like [emoji38]

Old guy wins it for me, especially for the first 2, and then the first 4 he's going down with sickness. Koreans just a perfect mix in there.

First guy so tiresome, had to fast forward.

Anyone who cracks some pre-written gags or lines like the Cheesestring line and keeps hitting the Blud and Fam line every other word is a hard sell for me