Crystal Palace 2-0 Newcastle United (24/04/24) | Reaction: pg 34

Yorkie

Just now, The Butcher said:

Poor half, but still in it.

Have to get the subs right today.

Not even sure it's that, we need to be further up the pitch.  Just more energy, get about them.  I think we'll see a different style second half.

Fucking shit.

Just not passing to the right players. At the end there, why the fuck did Schar pass to the keeper when we were putting pressure on them? And why did Dubravka take so long to clear it?

It’s pointless fucking shit like this that is slowing us down, and getting us caught in possession. The times we have done the simple things we have broke away.

Just now, Mattoon said:

Looking like we've clipped their wings here, don't seem as effervescent as they were in the first 30 minutes. We at least have something to build on, but that was a pretty dire first half.

They did nothing in the last 15-20 min. That wasn't pretty but it's all there for us.

1st player gets the ball, takes a bit too long until the pass comes. Next man receives it and also takes a little bit too long and the third gets it in a situation where it’s next to impossible to keep possession anymore. 

Feel like its quite even. They have most of the posession but we have definitely had the 2 best chances. Shame Barnes couldn't feed Gordon in the start there.

Would be nice if some more of our purples were out there. Starting to show the amount of players we have on the pitch now who go into sideways and backwards mode. Feels like Bruno has to feed our front three all by himself. Guessing we will see Hall/Livramento at some stage.

A little shout for the ref who hasn't done much wrong so far as well. :)

Part of this is that we caught palace at the worst time. Coming off a win over Liverpool and 5-2 against West Ham has given them more confidence than I'm used to seeing from them.

That doesn't excuse 0 shots from us but I still think Howie will fix this at the half. All we need is one moment from one of our top players to steal this one.

Too sloppy basically. Too many poor touches, passes, and decisions, too slow and ponderous.

We got better though and Bruno looks like he wants to grab hold of the game, so hopefully things improve second half.

I think we will be much improved 2nd half. I would put Tino on. If he gets crowded he can carry the ball out if certain situations. 

4 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

Slowly getting better. But we still want too many touches. Or they just carry the ball towards the player they should have passed to 3-4 seconds earlier. 

That's the mark of the lesser footballer. Noticeable how efficient Bruno is when he receives the ball and gets it out of his feet, equally it's noticeable how slow the likes of Longstaff and Burn are, needing three touches to control it then taking an age to find a pass....which is usually backwards.

Thought we grew into the game and Isak came close a couple of times. I do like how Anderson carries the ball. Keep working hard and I think we can nick something.

Never have full confidence we won't have a brain fart in defence though.

Weird half, they've been the better team, but we've limited them too pot shots for the most part, and started to grow into it as the game went on.

Would swap Krafth for Hall, and Murphy for Tino, and go back to 4-3-3

Pretty poor - why are we so bad at passing? Every time a team presses us we're helpless. Feels like they're 4v2 in the middle all the time and one of our 2 is Longstaff.

There's a chance there for Isak at some point and improved a bit when we went more man for man. Desperately short of technical quality though, Bruno and Isak aside.

Who's had a worse first half? The team or the forum? Getting bad gateways now n'all.

Did someone say we're the 'main' match on US TV? Yet pre-match was all scouse and half time has switched to them too. What's the point? Why didn't they just make that the main match.