Newcastle United 5-1 Sheffield United (27/04/24) | Reaction: pg 33

Yorkie

Bar the 5 seconds of absolute quality from Morphy and Isak, that's a bad of a performance as I can remember.

Really, really poor all over the shop and thanks to Burn we're not 4 down.

Worrying :lol:

Just now, Armchair Pundit said:

Just got in, not another 8-0 effort for us then?

Could have been 1-4 at half time. 

1 minute ago, The Butcher said:

Bar the 5 seconds of absolute quality from Morphy and Isak, that's a bad of a performance as I can remember.

Really, really poor all over the shop and thanks to Burn we're not 4 down.

Worrying :lol:

Stunned by our performance. 

Anderson is very passive in possession and I'm having doubts he's going to make it with us unless he starts showing something we haven't seen yet. Like a goal maybe. 

Since we have no other CM to replace Longstaff, second half change:

Longstaff     Bruno

Gordon          Isak           Barnes

Wilson

Parkinson on for Murphy

White on for Longstaff 

Wilson for Isak with 20 mins to go

Ritchie for Barnes who replaced Gordon

Dear God we are inept at the moment. I hope they are getting absolute pelters in the dressing room. 

The basics just simply aren't there and some players looking like flip flop territory with awareness and proactively. So slow.

I'm starting to think that our players struggle when there's any pressure on them from a long term target. They went to shit last season when they'd got to the FA cup final, they've gone to shit this season when someone's told them we need to get high enough to get european footy next season.

Just now, Away Toon said:

Anderson is very passive in possession and I'm having doubts he's going to make it with us unless he starts showing something we haven't seen yet. Like a goal maybe. 

I thought he was excellent before he got injured. I think with more quality around him he can rediscover his form.

3 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Not the best performance that, but we’re still level.  I think Hall has been a bright spot - our best player so far.  Howe’s piss must be boiling with how easy we are to play through, as well as the lack of imagination with the ball. 

Tbh I'm not sure what we've been doing on the training pitch. We look totally disjointed and the players don't seem to understand their roles at all here. Sheffield look far better organised as far as putting moves together.

Only consolation is that the second half can't possibly be as bad as that half. Surely to fucking God? 

Awful in all areas and there are players out there I'd happily never see in the shirt again, not just because of today but it's a recurring theme almost every time they play. I know injuries have fucked us but it's really really basic things that are just not being done competently by the same players week in week out. Absolutely fed up of watching them

Bruno aside we’ve consistently played midfielders who give you very little in terms of winning / keeping the ball and the net result is a failure to control games like this.