Burnley vs. Newcastle United: 4/5/24 @ 15:00 (No UK TV)

HaydnNUFC

Here's me saying yesterday we've seen the death of 3/5 at the back and we'll have to stick with 433 for the rest of the season and Edward has gone and done that. 

If it is the standard 433 it would mean Isak on the wing and either Murphy or tino in midfield. Probably the latter

Posted (edited)

Fucking going for it at least. Think Isak and Wilson work together well as a pair in the middle - Wilson likes to be the focal point & Isak likes to drift around, find space and get on the ball.

At least if we can't pass out the back we can play more direct and have a chance of coming up with it than Isak on his todd.

Be interesting to see where they play defensively as WIlson went into the AM role in defence vs Sheff U, but that might have been due to him being fresh and Isak looking for a hattrick.

Edited by Checko

Could even be 3-4-3 in possession and 5-4-1 out of possession. Although I'm leaning towards 4-2-3-1.

Amazing to see some of those names back. I wonder who'll take their place in the treatment room as it'll only be 3/4 full now. 

Yeah I reckon it's 442 with Isak given licence to roam. In this formation we might ask Murphy to sit in a touch.

I hope that we are at their throats from the off being all relentless. Being passive doesn’t suit us. It’s almost like fall asleep and become much worse at controlling a foot all. All Attack please!! 

This is a really good pressing team. Hope that's how we approach it.

When Wilson and Isak played together in the last match they both were fluid in swapping between #9 and a more withdrawn role. Callum was dropping deeper just as much as Isak was.