Tosin Adarabioyo

Jack27

Posted (edited)
On 02/05/2024 at 20:42, Nine said:

Well, he either ends up as the next Nesta or he’s collectively deemed shit and hated by NO for choosing another club.

Over to you, Tosin.

[emoji38]

We were never matching their offer, and they are going through a massive rebuilding project so it’s understandable that he might have seen joining them now as good timing and a big opportunity. Good luck to him.

Edited by Nine

Players have a short window to earn as much as possible. Chelsea apparently offered much more than we could, he doesn't have to move, they have European football, it would have been staggering had he chosen us over them. All of us would likely have done similar in our respective careers, if we're honest. 

Doesn't make it any less annoying but it's perfectly logical. He's a businessman, not a cunt. Now we have to work that extra bit harder to make things work this summer. 

14 minutes ago, vidooq said:

I really don't like how this end of the season/start of the summer is developing. 

• First the Ashforth saga
  • Bruno's release clause is being made public with teams circling around 
  • Then missing out on European football because of the scums FA Cup win
  • Missing out on Adarabioyo who we seemed to had a free pass on 

Feel good factor for the summer gone. 

Might as well close the club and build student flats on the land. Everything is terrible 😭 

And as far as FFP is concerned, let's say Chelsea are offering 60k more per week than we are, that's the equivalent of an extra £16 million of transfer fee on a player we would sign to a 5 year deal. That's not nothing and not only would it blow up our wage structure, it would negate a lot of the perceived advantages of a free transfer.

Posted (edited)

He's chosen money over career. Let's move on to the next target. Ekitike to Isak shows us we have plans for when players think money is more important than ambition.

Edited by Skeletor

6 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

He's chosen money over career. Let's move on to the next target. Ekitike to Isak shows us we have plans for when players think money is more important than ambition.

Maybe we just go all out on the top CB target now and make do with what we have at RW like we did then? None of us know what money we have to spend but it's massively unlikely that we are going big this summer unless a major sale happens. 

Disclaimer: I appreciate some will know better than Howe if that happens 

37 minutes ago, vidooq said:

I really don't like how this end of the season/start of the summer is developing. 

You're having a bubble, surely :lol:

On 14/05/2024 at 16:39, Kid Icarus said:

win-win for me. Whether he comes here or goes there indicates his intentions for me and I'll either be happy he's here or happy we dodged a bullet. 

Same again but Chelsea. Going there is a heuristic for bullet dodged as far as I'm concerned.

46 minutes ago, vidooq said:

Worrying.

Bit gutted about this one. Would have been a great pick up, allowed us to spend on other positions and Eddie would have massively improved him. Hey ho, on to the next I guess...

41 minutes ago, vidooq said:

There’s a a Firth of ‘Worth’ wide chasm  between your take and mine. It’s easy to get sucked into speculation (see the Tosin nailed on narrative), scaremongering (Bruno), the disappointing but largely irrelevant (ECL), and totally irrelevant (DoF stuff), in the football journalistic void we have entered. We’ll do what we need to do, will have multiple targets, and are as likely to have some nice surprises as we are to have disappointments. 

4 minutes ago, gdm said:

I have my doubts we’d have went for him if he wasn’t free but who knows. 

Him and Kelly are signings to raise the floor of the squad and more importantly, help with FFP. Breaking the bank for them would defeat the object.

The guy is obviously a scumbag. He’s chosen a team that will pay him more, has more chance of winning trophies, finished higher than us and qualified for Europe. Inexplicable. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, vidooq said:

You do know you support Newcastle United yes? give your head a wobble 

Edited by Choppy Chop Chop
missed a word

Can't say I'm fussed at all, not saying this just because i support us. But if i were a young player i'd rather be in our project then Chelsea's given the squad they already have 

1 hour ago, vidooq said:

• First the Ashforth saga The Saga being that hes a judas cunt? Not our fault.
  • Bruno's release clause is being made public with teams circling around  Its not us making it public and besides, without the release clause theres no new contract, no new contract means he goes for way less
  • Then missing out on European football because of the scums FA Cup win Again, not our fault.
  • Missing out on Adarabioyo who we seemed to had a free pass on If you were DoF, you would have given him what he wanted? Quick way to turn into shitshow. 

Feel good factor for the summer gone. Only if you spend every day refreshing twitter or believing everything you read.