Burnley 1-4 Newcastle United (4/5/24) - Post-match reaction from page 31

Yorkie

Just now, Conjo said:

Weird rating for Dubs. What did he do wrong today to warrant being a full point worse than any other player on the field today?

Nothing, he's been damned by our dominant performance because he was never tested. Just one of those things, 6 isn't bad though.

5 minutes ago, Bizza said:

Would be nice if the media would fuck off and stop trying to sell our players. Cunts.

But we're not one of The Big Six.

Obviously we exist like everyone else to find good players and sell them on quickly.

How else will the status quo be maintained?

Nah, you're right they are cunts! 🤣

1 hour ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Thought Hall, Burn and Murphy were really good today. Burns tackle in particular at 0-0 was massive. 

Once we went 1-0 up Longstaff and Bruno were in control. Actually think Krafth is a better centre half than full back.

Though Livramento was a bit off it today, not as solid defensively and a lack of cutting edge going forward. Hey ho.

Burnley are shite, and 4-4-2 was the right choice today by Howe, as they couldn't cope with us in the final third. Don't want to see us playing it against a better team though, Longstaff and Bruno don't have the legs for a two.

All well and good saying Burnley are shite but Man U, Brighton, Chelsea, West Ham or Brentford couldn’t beat them.

24 minutes ago, Dava1892 said:

Did you ever find out, I was thinking the same? Was it Bruno and joelinton?

As per @Sima earlier…

Europe ole ole ole x2

Europe again, Europe again

Europe ole ole ole

31 minutes ago, Bizza said:

Would be nice if the media would fuck off and stop trying to sell our players. Cunts.

Players got to want to leave mind. That’s a flaw in their plan right there !

Did I hear correctly during the game that the stoppage time was sponsored by a local Burnley furniture supplier [emoji38]

I mean if so we're missing a trick for not bringing in 100 million, getting different sponsors for every minute of the game. 

Just now, Miggys First Goal said:

Why did Tindall get booked?

He said Taylor had a shit haircut

48 minutes ago, Joe1984 said:

But we're not one of The Big Six.

Obviously we exist like everyone else to find good players and sell them on quickly.

How else will the status quo be maintained?

Nah, you're right they are cunts! 🤣

I think this is a bit of a myth like tbh..

Every club does have this..

Ronaldo at Man Utd, they were desperate for him to leave and goto Real. And now happening with Rashford with PSG.

Thierry Henry and Fabregas, same as above but with Barcelona. Publicly courted through the media.

Harry Kane when at Spurs was linked every single window.

Gundogan at Man City.  Even Haaland is constantly linked with Real Madrid.

It's not just us to be fair.  

7 minutes ago, dcmk said:

I think this is a bit of a myth like tbh..

Every club does have this..

Ronaldo at Man Utd, they were desperate for him to leave and goto Real. And now happening with Rashford with PSG.

Thierry Henry and Fabregas, same as above but with Barcelona. Publicly courted through the media.

Harry Kane when at Spurs was linked every single window.

Gundogan at Man City.  Even Haaland is constantly linked with Real Madrid.

It's not just us to be fair.  

Their job is to get the highest amount of clicks possible. I know someone who works for a newspaper. It's all about that. Normally you would just trust a different paper instead if they keep missing, but they're all doing it. Atleast most of the mainstream ones.

Despite obviously feeling absolutely gutted after the final whistle, all credit to Vincent Kompany with his post-match honesty:

“We came up against a good side today. 

“We came up against a better team.

“There was no lack of effort from our side, we fought hard. 

“We had the opportunity maybe in the first 15 minutes to make use of our momentum a little bit better, but after that, credit to Newcastle for their attacking play.

“Also, credit to my players for the fact that they never gave up. 

“They just kept going.

“That’s got to count for something, when you still have a game that can decide things.

“I don’t know if it was a penalty (Assignon throwing himself to the ground with only slight contact from Bruno).

“But in the context of this game, it was not a one-goal decider.

“It was three goals difference.

“So we have to put everything back in place in that sense. 

“We played against a better team.

“It is as simple as that.”

Don't know if anyone else noticed but Lyle Foster for them seemed to have quite a strong facial/nervous tic every time the camera panned to him

Hope he's alright, I know he had to have some time off due to mental health issues earlier this season

10 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Don't know if anyone else noticed but Lyle Foster for them seemed to have quite a strong facial/nervous tic every time the camera panned to him

Hope he's alright, I know he had to have some time off due to mental health issues earlier this season

I actually came in here to ask that, he was holding his hand up to his mouth every time I seen him

Nervous for away games even against lower clubs as we've had the odd issue this season.  Excellent performance.  One of the key things for me of late is Eddie being willing to adapt based on who is available.  You could argue Barnes could have started today but that may have been a bit too aggressive and  Murphy was quality.  I

25 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

He's alright, that lad.

For sure, he's one of the most down to earth "YouTubers" around.