Manchester United vs. Newcastle United: 15/5/24 @ 20:00 (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

1 hour ago, WilliamPS said:

Think people need to remember Man Utd have a pretty much equal points total - results wise they are as good and they are also at home. They are the favourites here.

Results wise they are as good, performances wise they are crap.

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Results wise they are as good, performances wise they are crap.

Yeah, agree, but for European qualification it’s the result that matters. I don’t think people should underestimate their ability to scrape undeserved results 

They aren’t a shite as people make out. Had good chances v arsenal.

We also aren’t as good as people make out when we play away from home. This is a very tough match and Eddie needs to plan to perfection for this one.

I am taking the bairn and good lady to legends Alcudia for this match. The place will be full of Irish Man U fans. 

Felt their performance was a typical raise your game in a big match in front of the cameras.  It was improved but they never really troubled Arsenal.  With our away form we could quite easily come unstuck but I think we will take a point.  

3 minutes ago, Infatuation Junkie said:

This is a very tough match and Eddie needs to plan to perfection for this one

I know it sounds obvious but yeah, he's got to get this right.

If Shite Bruno is back, we absolutely cannot allow him the freedom in the middle as we have done so many times this season as we will get punished. Man U aren't as bad as gets made out, just wholly inconsistent like ourselves and prone a rick at the back.

I'd absolutely love to hand them a pasting but realistically a scrappy win would be absolutely class. Get the feeling we may draw to allow Chelsea a clearer path ahead of both of us[emoji38]

This is going to be a very tough game no doubt about it , surprised we are favourites to be honest . For all we laugh at them and how poor they look we are only three points above them and our away form is shocking , I would be happy with a point .

13 minutes ago, Geogaddi said:

This is going to be a very tough game no doubt about it , surprised we are favourites to be honest . For all we laugh at them and how poor they look we are only three points above them and our away form is shocking , I would be happy with a point .

Performances been very patchy but shocking? From the fa cup we have beat the mackems, Fulham, Villa, Forest, Blackburn**, Fulham and Burnley and lost at Arsenal, City, Chelsea and Palace. Those last two particularly shit performances but other two completely expected as usual.

1 minute ago, Fezzle said:

Performances been very patchy but shocking? From the fa cup we have beat the mackems, Fulham, Villa, Forest, Blackburn**, Fulham and Burnley and lost at Arsenal, City, Chelsea and Palace. Those last two particularly shit performances but other two completely expected as usual.

Even though the performances at Chelsea and Palace were poor I think their form has been such that it doesn't some as such a surprise that we didn't get anything in either of those games.

Just now, Magpie said:

Even though the performances at Chelsea and Palace were poor I think their form has been such that it doesn't some as such a surprise that we didn't get anything in either of those games.

Yeah thats fair, just both times we were unbelievably sloppy and all over the shop as well

No idea why as they're garbage but I'm worried about this!

I'd love to get an early goal and absolutely wipe the floor with them!

I think they’ll beat us unfortunately. If Isaak is still poorly we can offer next to nothing up front.
Hopefully the focussed, defensively sound Newcastle turn up and give them a game and not the shambling away team we’ve seen over the season. 

49 minutes ago, Geogaddi said:

It’s a play-off, ignoring Chelsea, of sorts for sixth place. May the best team win. 

6 minutes ago, Paully said:

No idea why as they're garbage but I'm worried about this!

I'd love to get an early goal and absolutely wipe the floor with them!

I think it’s one of those games where first goal can be extra important. The LC game there felt like a home match. We won’t have as many there, if we get ahead I think the home advantage falls away from them. They’re not a crowd to lift their team at the moment. 

7 minutes ago, Minhosa said:

I'd prefer Tino up against Garnacho than Trippier if he's not fully match fit yet tbh.

I think Tino and Hall at full back in the cup game showed how to play against these. Stay compact, frustrate them and then hit on the break with lots of pace. 

3 minutes ago, NSG said:

I think Tino and Hall at full back in the cup game showed how to play against these. Stay compact, frustrate them and then hit on the break with lots of pace. 

Yep - totally agree and both are playing well imho.

Would feel harsh to drop either of them now particularly if Trippier isn't match ready...

Man United did well last night but unfortunately for them Arsenals defence were superb and snuffed them out. If they play that well against us and with Fernandez back we will have a job on our hands

Hopefully they're not as compact as they were against Arsenal. I don't think they will be. 

Despite how crap their performances have been, they do get results every now and then. This alongside our record at Old Trafford & our away form means I'd probably be more than happy with a point, but absolutely no reason why we shouldn't be going there trying to win.

The cup final was Howe's only defeat against them as our manager, and we've kept clean sheets in all but one of the one of the league games. Play to win and we probably will.

11 hours ago, Yorkie said:

A draw guarantees top seven and, if Chelsea don't beat Brighton, keeps us in pole position for 6th.

I wouldn't take it if offered but a point here is at minimum a useful result. 

Top seven means an 80% chance of the ECL. EL or nothing for me but I know that's the minority view.