Manchester United 3-2 Newcastle United (15/05/24) | Reaction: pg 53

Yorkie

1 minute ago, Numbers said:

Hopefully the likes of Anderson, Murphy, Longstaff are nowhere near the team next year. They're miles away from being good enough.

They shouldn’t be playing this year. 

1 minute ago, worthy said:

All the other defenders did the offside trap, Trippier standing there like a fucking idiot.

Looking at the guy he’s playing on! He betting again? 

Fuck off Roy Keane with the Newcastle taking too may passes instead of getting it forward quicker, maybe the think they’re a better team than they are.

We've got the subs on the bench to break these. It's not over. Use the injustice to fire them up and come out swinging. 

With decent officials we'd be 1-1 and a clearance off the line 

I know they're a League 2 team or something but Man Utd have been decent n'all, like. Fernandes obviously gives the whole team a lift.

Just now, STM said:

Let's be honest, VAR didn't even see the rake on Gordon for the pen. It's not corruption, its downright incompetence.

Get rid of VAR, we will never have the officials with the brain capacity to make cognisant decisions. Bin it.

They didn’t want to see a foul. 

Just now, Likelylad said:

I'm trying not to be too negative but Howe does have a bias to some massively ordinary players. 

As soon as i saw Joelinton, Miggy and Barnes on the bench i had a bad feeling. 

I've have been saying it all season. He does not drop favorites unless forced. But after seeing that first half he fucking surely needs to make changes at half time

Just now, Likelylad said:

I'm trying not to be too negative but Howe does have a bias to some massively ordinary players. 

This is a fair take.

If he can't see Trippiers performance tonight, he may end up with problems next season.

No matter how much experience he might have, pace is pace.

1 minute ago, Likelylad said:

Joelinton looked very sluggish against Brighton mind. And most people hate Miggy. 

1 minute ago, Joelinton7 said:

Just sort this tf out. Get Joe on for invisistaff, Barnes or Miggy on for Murphy. Get Isak coming short for it, drag them about and exploit the space in behind. My god having Wilson and Isak starting this would have made such a difference. Trippier, sorry mate but you’ve just handed your spot to Tino, one too many goal costing mistakes now. Added to this his set pieces of naff, Gordon should be on them. Having said this we know if the pen shout is the other end they gladly point to the spot and don’t even bother checking. One of ours should have been throwing themselves at the ball when Casemiro cleared off the line. 

Wilson and Isak both on together at the same time?

Nice fantasy. ?

1 minute ago, Sibierski said:

Only positive I always go back to in these games, it should show how ruthless we need to be with this squad. Can’t control the play and want the ball in tight areas against this Man Utd side, then you are not good enough moving forward. 

Really sick of watching us play ourselves into tight areas, have no options for an out ball and then just losing over and over again, and it’s usually somewhere in the vicinity of our own box. 

1 minute ago, STM said:

Let's be honest, VAR didn't even see the rake on Gordon for the pen. It's not corruption, its downright incompetence.

Get rid of VAR, we will never have the officials with the brain capacity to make cognisant decisions. Bin it.

It wouldn’t have been a penalty without VAR either. Ref saw nothing wrong with it.  

VAR itself isn’t the issue. It’s the idiots controlling it and making the decisions. If people controlling it were better. It would have been given. 

It's almost as if they realised our final ball didn't exist after that first 10 minutes and proceeded to put light pressure on us. Then lifelong Man Utd fan Trippier said watch this

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

I know they're a League 2 team or something but Man Utd have been decent n'all, like. Fernandes obviously gives the whole team a lift.

Fernandes is a fantastic footballer

Posted (edited)

Gordon a victim of his penalty winning actions earlier this season. This one was fairly clear.

1 minute ago, SAK said:

Fuck off Roy Keane with the Newcastle taking too may passes instead of getting it forward quicker, maybe the think they’re a better team than they are.

He's right though. We keep the ball too long between the defenders, inviting a Man Utd press onto us that we aren't able to play past and end up hoofing it to their defence.

Edited by Conjo

Just now, Joe1984 said:

Wilson and Isak both on together at the same time?

Nice fantasy. ?

I’m sure it happened v Burnley but that must have been a  fever dream 

VAR needs to be more like rugby, whoever is on VAR should be getting the ref to look at it...and ref deciding himself if he sticks with his decision or changes.

Just now, STM said:

This is a fair take.

If he can't see Trippiers performance tonight, he may end up with problems next season.

No matter how much experience he might have, pace is pace.

Seeing onside is seeing onside too [emoji38]