Manchester United 3-2 Newcastle United (15/05/24) | Reaction: pg 53

Yorkie

Just now, KingArthur said:

ManU are marking Bruno very tightly and letting our centrebacks have the ball. Burn is so useless in possession 

They're also fouling him as soon  as he tries to turn (amrabat 3 times).....Anderson 1 foul...booked.

Just now, The College Dropout said:

They didn’t want to see a foul. 

Easy to miss in real time. But pretty poor from VAR. TBF, no Casemiro there and pretty sure it would have been much more obvious & given by ref. 

Just now, Chris L said:

It wouldn’t have been a penalty without VAR either. Ref saw nothing wrong with it.  

VAR itself isn’t the issue. It’s the idiots controlling it and making the decisions. If people controlling it were better. It would have been given. 

Aye but I'd rather have one wrong decision than two.

There's too many downsides to wait for competent officials.

2 minutes ago, STM said:

Let's be honest, VAR didn't even see the rake on Gordon for the pen. It's not corruption, its downright incompetence.

Get rid of VAR, we will never have the officials with the brain capacity to make cognisant decisions. Bin it.

Why accept that last part? Just dont fucking get it.

Just now, Aiston said:

VAR needs to be more like rugby, whoever is on VAR should be getting the ref to look at it...and ref deciding himself if he sticks with his decision or changes.

I just think VAR should decided if it’s a penalty or not and have nothing to do with what the ref decided. 

Just now, madras said:

They're also fouling him as soon  as he tries to turn (amrabat 3 times).....Anderson 1 foul...booked.

They've smashed Gordon and Bruno to bits.

Posted (edited)

Everytime I watch Murphy or Miggy I flip between who I would rather sell. RW has to be the priority this summer.

Edited by SUPERTOON

Just now, Mattoon said:

Gonna be a frustrating 2nd half, they'll sit deep and try and hit their runners, make us try and work round their low block

They tried that against Coventry 

we are miles ahead of them. 

believe!!!

Just now, Coffee_Johnny said:

Easy to miss in real time. But pretty poor from VAR. TBF, no Casemiro there and pretty sure it would have been much more obvious & given by ref. 

Yeh. If it was the other way around they would look properly.  

Thems the strokes. 

Just now, Displayname said:

Why accept that last part? Just dont fucking get it.

I've never seen refs that are of a high standard. When I do, I will change my mind.

1 minute ago, Mattoon said:

Gonna be a frustrating 2nd half, they'll sit deep and try and hit their runners, make us try and work round their low block

Unfortunately I think you might be bang on

Just now, The College Dropout said:

Yeh. If it was the other way around they would look properly.  

Thems the strokes. 

Facts.

We didn't even get the purple surround and 4 minute wait.

1 minute ago, Joelinton7 said:

I’m sure it happened v Burnley but that must have been a  fever dream 

Wilson would have to actually be fit first.

And we all know when and if he does get fit, Isak will get injured...

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I just think VAR should decided if it’s a penalty or not and have nothing to do with what the ref decided. 

It effectively does anyway, considering every time a ref does go to the tv, their decisions are changed.

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Everytime I watch Murphy or Miggy I flip between who I would rather sell. RW has to be the priority this summer.

Why pick one, sell both.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Try to con one of the teams coming up to grab Murphy and flog almiron to arab league. Minteh and new RW as our two mains.

Rat Bruno is getting more time and space than Enciciso did on Saturday. Taking the absolute piss. 

Not sure how we stop it. As the CB’s aren’t mobile enough to follow him man to man and wouldn’t always be able to anyway. Plus we don’t play with a DM or even have one at the club. 

Just now, nemtizz said:

Facts.

We didn't even get the purple surround and 4 minute wait.

Right? :lol:

And then the added time to go with the wait.

3 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

I know they're a League 2 team or something but Man Utd have been decent n'all, like. Fernandes obviously gives the whole team a lift.

Have they been decent, or have we just sat off and allowed them to control the play? 

Don’t think any of their play has been amazing and pushed us back, it’s a conscious effort by us to drop off. 

We need a reset and press them. Only going to be harder when they bring on Hojlund/Rashford.

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Yeah our RW is dogshit