Manchester United 3-2 Newcastle United (15/05/24) | Reaction: pg 53

Yorkie

3 minutes ago, Sempiternal said:

Brentford have wrapped on this season tbf they won’t care. We will win that 

Hope so times a million.

4 minutes ago, samptime29 said:

Really unlucky to lose that. Not saying we didn't make some errors but we created a lot. The non VAR decision. Harsh.

If we put our chances away we win. But unfortunately our defence and particularly our goal keeper are shite.

Blerrggghhh… enough chances to score another 2 or 3 goals tonight, and absolutely woeful goalkeeping. And a ridiculous VAR decision too.

Don’t think we played badly at all… could have scored 3 or 4 easily. I firmly blame Dubravka tonight.

Just now, Numbers said:

Its a fantastic achievement to be where we are playing the likes of Dubravka, Longstaff, Krafth, Anderson, Murphy, Almiron week in week out tbh.

Yes it is but how much longer will we have to keep playing with them. I genuinely dont know where this club stands now with regards to being able to build. PSR bollocks has confused the hell out of me. What can we even spend this summer. If we have to sell a star every summer then that’s not the life for me. Plays right into the cartel’s hands. Eddie already speaks of managing expectations which wouldn’t be out of place in an Ashley press release. I honest to god do not know the carriage in which we sit right now, or where the train is going. 

For ages, I had a really strong inkling that this game would be determined by whether Joelinton could play enough minutes.

Fixture came just one game too early. Looked so much better with him, bar the particularly rubbish third goal given away.

CL to Conference League is quite the come down. :laugh: And we'll be lucky to get that!!

Just not to be for us, tonight. Again - having Wilson available may have made a difference. Am not hopeful for a win on Sunday - 8ith with still be a good achievement given the luck and injuries we have had this season. No Europe next year may well end up turning out to be a blessing (if that's what happens)

Thought Gordon, Bruno and Hall were our best players. Dubs looked really shakey all night - Longstaff had a night to forget and Miggy contributed next to nout when he came on.

Plenty to think about.

2 minutes ago, bigfella said:

Playing Trippier gives the lie to that.

Trippier has been piss poor majority of the season basically throwing the fuckers in the net. But if tino had been fit I bet you howe would've played tripps at leftback. 

Painful that. Almiron, Longstaff, Anderson just aren't good enough. Need shipped out I'm afraid. We made them look like world beaters at times. Thrown Europe away unfortunately. Mind I'd have put my house on Isak scoring that chance. On to next season.

If you're pointing your finger at individuals then of course, Trippier for goals one and two then Dubs for goal three... but Longstaff not putting that gilt-edged chance away was just as bad. Isak not great also but in fairness to Amrabat it was a great recovery. But anyone with a bit of guile arrows that Longstaff effort into the bottom corner. Again just so bloody frustrating. 

1 minute ago, Joelinton7 said:

Yes it is but how much longer will we have to keep playing with them. I genuinely dont know where this club stands now with regards to being able to build. PSR bollocks has confused the hell out of me. What can we even spend this summer. If we have to sell a star every summer then that’s not the life for me. Plays right into the cartel’s hands. Eddie already speaks of managing expectations which wouldn’t be out of place in an Ashley press release. I honest to god do not know the carriage in which we sit right now, or where the train is going. 

100% they should be nowhere near the team, thing is though I can see them all getting new contracts (Ritchie did in June, fucking baffling)

So predictable. I do blame the players for this result, lack of composure, when it mattered, just because we were playing at OT. Yes, we should have had a penalty but our inferiority complex cost us in the big moments. 

Be in no doubt, Man U are very average.

Incredibly frustrating.

They are absolutely shit, we had all the chances to win it but we lost our heads and have a terminally awful goalkeeper which was ultimately the difference between the teams. 

Posted (edited)

God I hate losing to these and Liverpool. Nothing compares!!! So damn frustrated if anything! 

Edited by Ikon