Next season

Rod

45 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Goals for next season:

- 70 points (should get top 5?)

- Win at least 1 of the 4 games against Man City and Liverpool

- Regain our ability to go unbeaten against all of the bottom half. 

If Man U managed to win a trophy per season in the last couple of seasons, why can’t we? 

Very difficult to say much about next season until we can see how being out of Europe affects our transfer strategy. If Bruno and Isak stay, and we can sign Tosin and Kelly on frees, then potentially we could really build a strong squad to have a real tilt at CL next season.

If one of those two leave, then it would be a big loss, but at the same time, the money could maybe buy two really top players so could still end up being a very strong squad.

53 minutes ago, Solitude20 said:

If Man U managed to win a trophy per season in the last couple of seasons, why can’t we? 

Cups take a huge amount of luck (decisions going your way, the draw....). You have control over what you can achieve in the league.

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Cups take a huge amount of luck (decisions going your way, the draw....). You have control over what you can achieve in the league.

I mean if city played like that against us in a final we'd win aswell. 

39 minutes ago, andycap said:

That's a canny team without any additions like. If we keep them fit we could be a force next season. 

ReactNative-snapshot-image4212305398775381413.png

Botman won't exactly be fit much next season mind. (Will take months even after he returns, to be right)

44 minutes ago, andycap said:

Oh aye, not saying we shouldn't aim for it, last 8/Semis would seem about par for us. Other than Sheff Wed in the FA Cup the last two seasons, we've only been knocked out by top 6 sides. 

52 minutes ago, andycap said:

Especially if, before we play them, Pep let's them go on an all night bender 5 days before

There will be pressure to finish in the top four and win a cup and rightly so to a point. I think we have a strong chance to finish in the top four next year and that would really help us consolidate the club and squad again in next summers transfer window towards being a regular top 4-6 team. 

Hopefully it’s top 5 for CL next season. I know our teams generally fucked it in Europe this year, but we’ll start favourites to get one of the extra spots again next year.

6 minutes ago, SteV said:

Hopefully it’s top 5 for CL next season. I know our teams generally fucked it in Europe this year, but we’ll start favourites to get one of the extra spots again next year.

Assuming we don’t have ludicrous injuries again next year and there’s no reason we should the players will be able to rest and recover fully and prepare more for each league game. We have to make that factor count and I think Howe will. Wiht Tonali coming back and hopefully some key signings I think the team will look really strong next year. 

23 hours ago, Aiston said:

Botman won't exactly be fit much next season mind. (Will take months even after he returns, to be right)

Yep. Do we also think Hall will be a starter next season?

20 hours ago, black_n_white said:

Yep. Do we also think Hall will be a starter next season?

He’s shown he’s capable. Don’t think he’s at the point where it is his shirt to lose, but imagine he will play a significant number of games. 

31 minutes ago, Ikon said:

A lot of dead wood released now is nice. Such as Ritchie, Dummet, Karius, Hendrick and so on. 

Almost as titillating as a new signing.