Giorgi Mamardashvili

Jack27

Just now, Bimpy474 said:

With our spending limited, I just can't see us laying out £30m plus on a GK.

Just doesn't make any sense really.

Whether it's this guy or not, it looks almost certain we'll be bringing a first choice keeper in. 

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Whether it's this guy or not, it looks almost certain we'll be bringing a first choice keeper in. 

I'm happy whichever way we go keeper wise.

Someone like this guy who you'd think would be a clear number 1 given the outlay, someone like Ramsdale who'd provide competition and would be pretty evenly matched, or someone like Trafford who we'd see for the future with Pope being number 1 for a couple of more years.

Just feels a perfect time to get this one though given the other top clubs seem sorted at number 1 at the moment, but who we'd possibly be competing with for players like Mamardashvili in 2-3 years time.

4 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Be gutted if it’s Ramsdale and not this guy! 

Posted (edited)

Looking forward to the "Nothings close" from Howe on Friday. Smiles and lack of smiles bound to be interpreted. 

Edited by nufcjmc

Just now, PauloGeordio said:

He’s Georgian, he’s Brutish. He has feet He’s soon to be ours.

But no hands? Hmm. 

31 minutes ago, FloydianMag said:

By not announcing it formally until 1/7/24, didn’t Lille do that with Botman?

You think it goes off when you tell the media and not when contracts are signed?

15 minutes ago, Fezzle said:

You think it goes off when you tell the media and not when contracts are signed?

I’m no accountant but there’ll likely be ways for contracts to be signed and for the deal to show up in the new financial years accounting period. Could be wrong but I’m sure Lille did that and didn’t formally announce the sale until a new financial year for Botman.

2 minutes ago, FloydianMag said:

I’m no accountant but there’ll likely be ways for contracts to be signed and for the deal to show up in the new financial years accounting period. Could be wrong but I’m sure Lille did that and didn’t formally announce the sale until a new financial year for Botman.

This happens all of the time.

48 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

I'm guessing if he does come, there's at least a half decent chance he won't be in the side right away, despite the earliness or the (prospective) signing. If Pope stays too.

I think he’ll get the cups and Europe to start with and then by the end of the season be the #1. 

1 hour ago, FloydianMag said:

If he’s on a 5 year deal and it’s £35m then it’s £7m a year, but only a few weeks would hit this year so you’re maybe looking £100k or so by the time the deal is done.

2 hours ago, Bimpy474 said:

With our spending limited, I just can't see us laying out £30m plus on a GK.

Just doesn't make any sense really.

Makes perfect sense to me.  It’s an area where we could clearly use an upgrade.

Along with centre forward it’s the position on the pitch which is most important to get right.  A top goalkeeper can win almost as many points as a top centre forward.  We conceded 60-odd league goals last season - where might we have finished with a truly first-rank goalie in nets? 

I’m still in a little bit of shock that we’re going in for someone at his level.  It’s good shock, mind :) 

1 hour ago, FloydianMag said:

There is - it’s like a settlement date for a house.  You have the transfer and contract arranged for 1st July