Group A: 1. Germany, 2. Switzerland, 3. Hungary, 4. Scotland

Big River

5 minutes ago, joeyt said:

I think Ben Brereton Diaz isn't being called up for Chile anymore as he's not learnt any Spanish

Didn't realise until the other day Frimpong can't speak any Dutch either. 

4 minutes ago, Geordie_once_removed said:

Adams has impressed me this tournament, well except at doing anything vaguely threatening in front of goal. Good job he's not playing up front alone...

He's a a 4-4-fucking 2 throwback. Needs a Bellamy nearby. 

Scotland are so unimpressive, like. Some clever touches from Gilmour and McGinn aside, they've absolutely nothing going for them. Hope it picks up cos there'd be amazing scenes if they nicked it. 

14 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Was wondering if that Ndoye might be on our radar for the right wing spot

No idea if he's any good but would fit our profile (other than not being British)

Was thinking similar. Looks a handful. Record at Bologna nothing special but definitely worth keeping an eye on.

Ndoye is alright but don't think he's anywhere near the level we need - just lacks cutting edge in the final third.

He's been linked to Inter to play as a right wing back, which to be honest I think might be a better use of his attributes long term.

Edited by ponsaelius

17 minutes ago, joeyt said:

I think Ben Brereton Diaz isn't being called up for Chile anymore as he's not learnt any Spanish

Looked that guy up on Wiki and this is an amazing anecdote: "After noticing he was half Chilean whilst playing Football Manager, a group of fans began a social media campaign to get Brereton Díaz picked for Chile." :lol: 

Just now, TaylorJ_01 said:

It is impressive how a country completely obsessed with football has produced such little attacking talent. 

Agreed, you take a look at some other countries with similar populations and it’s hard to understand how Scotland produce such poor players 

2 minutes ago, Kaizero said:

Looked that guy up on Wiki and this is an amazing anecdote: "After noticing he was half Chilean whilst playing Football Manager, a group of fans began a social media campaign to get Brereton Díaz picked for Chile." :lol: 

Styles didn't even know his nan was Hungarian until a couple of years ago. Just knew she was a foreign.