Group C: 1. England, 2. Denmark, 3. Slovenia (Q), 4. Serbia

Big River

Got very little faith in Southgate to have the nous and/or bollocks to sort this. He needs to both figure this wank out and have the bottle to upset a few of his favourite lads and start addressing the obvious issues. He's way too loyal and we're way to predictable, these are not new problems we're seeing

Mouthgate with his whole “with me bring here four times as a player and four as a manager I’ve learned how to adapt”. 

For a manager whose learned to adapt he doesn’t change much.

Generally defend Southgate, but TAA in midfield is one of the most baffling decisions I’ve seen an England manager make.

It reminds me of posters on this place insisting we bung a ball playing centre half in midfield.

Not being an England fan I quite enjoyed that, seeing an ordinary Denmark more than matching them shouldn't happen, but there you are.

Not even saying they wont win the game or tournament but it wont be done in anything like the manner it should be - more Denmark and Greece and France and Spain

Southgates always been an awful manager, crazy how this is the third tournament we have wasted with him. Only reason we got so far in the last two was because of favourable draws.

Everytime we come up against a good team under him we lose.

1 minute ago, Bizza said:

Same old shit.

Start well, score, sit back, concede.

We have some fantastic attacking talent in this squad and Southgate's cowardice is hamstringing it.

How does he keep playing him in midfield? Is he not watching the games?

4 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

Fucking hell Foden. He's blown three of the best chances we've had, he's trying to hard.

Too.  Christ man, I learnt that when I was 11 years old!

The tendency to sit back is so inherent now, like. The manager isn't instructing them to sit on the 18 yard line the moment we go ahead, but it points to a team that isn't well drilled. Once they have the lead they just default to defending cos they don't actually know what to do next. Really poor.

Honestly think that Foden being inside a lot more is down to him doing so himself rather than instruction. The times we've had the ball inside and Foden's got it, it's only really been Tripps out on his own on the left, Bellingham has half heartedly gone out to the left wing to cover.

Just now, Mazzy said:

Oh dear, BBC pundits turning on Kane. That really is the beginning of the end isn't it.

Wouldn’t want to upset the scousers by pointing out the main problem. If TAA wasn’t playing like TWAT Kane wouldn’t need to drop deep.

1 minute ago, TBG said:

Could it be Graeme Jones was the mastermind behind our Euro 2020 run?

The tournament organisers giving them almost exclusively home advantage probably

Look at that replay of the pressing that worked. Kane sits in and everyone else presses - Rice, Bellingham, Saka. It can work if you have a proper CM alongside Rice so one or other of them can go past Kane, and if you have a proper LW who can reduce the chance of an out ball on that side.

We’re fucking about talking about “this is what we need more of” etc. If you don’t change the team you don’t get more of it. You can’t. Change the fucking team.