Group C: 1. England, 2. Denmark, 3. Slovenia (Q), 4. Serbia

Big River

For the first 35 minutes we were very good against Serbia, I really liked our fluidity in moving to a 3 at the back with 2 high wingbacks (Trippier and TAA). I wish he'd changed it myself but I don't think it's completely unreasonable to give that lineup another go. I would hope for changes if it's clearly not working in the 2nd half though.

Very rarely have England done well in second group games. This is prime 0-0 territory. The only difference between now and the last 2/3 tournaments is how much more quality we have off the bench. Eze, Gordon, Palmer, Bowen and even Toney have the ability to win us the game as a substitute.

The problem is how much of a risk will Southgate be willing to take if it's still 0-0 at 75 mins. I'm not sure he does anything crazy, and rightly so. Now Serbia and Slovenia have drawn, losing against Denmark would be a big missed opportunity.

Southgate man - stopping playing Trent CM and leaving Gordon on the bench.  This squad under Eddie would be a completely different beast.

Pundit/commentators are fucking abysmal this tournament. That lass and what I assume was lee Dixon last game now these twats ie Ferdinand etc are terrible. Why do they have another two lasses on the pitch talking shit too? Apparently everyone was great v Serbia 🤣

2 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Unchanged squad isn’t terrible imo. The best players are on the pitch, he just needs to make it work tactically. Hopefully Southgate can do it. 

England have had this for decades though.

Constantly trying to accommodate the soopastars, by playing square pegs in round holes.

Just now, El Prontonise said:

You must be spitting blood with Frank being on the screen constantly.

Can at least half understand him being on this one even if he does turn the stomach.

6 minutes ago, Fezzle said:

Pundit/commentators are fucking abysmal this tournament. That lass and what I assume was lee Dixon last game now these twats ie Ferdinand etc are terrible. Why do they have another two lasses on the pitch talking shit too? Apparently everyone was great v Serbia 🤣

Alreet Joey Barton [emoji38]

We'll get through the group stage and first knockout round with any team I reckon. The problem is when we face a decent side.