Group C: 1. England, 2. Denmark, 3. Slovenia (Q), 4. Serbia

Big River

Why is Southgate lying? 

We know we don't have a natural replacement for Kalvin Phillips? We have Adam Wharton! 

Weird response, especially when he hasn't picked Phillips for some time.

Basically plucked some bullshit out of nowhere to defend his poor Alexander-Arnold experiment. 

Edited by mighty__mag

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

We don’t have played in their right positions so you get disjointed performances. 

The manager has been there 8 years and still can't pick players in the best positions to optimize the team?

What kind of manager is this?!

We're not winning any game of football playing like that. Denmark should be ashamed for not finding a second goal given we surrendered possession to them literally constantly. 

At the end of the day, we're in control of the group, we'll get through. We've got enough top class players to scrape through an easy draw or two. Maybe nick a penalty shootout against a good team and at the very worst it's a creditable finish and every man in the country's wearing a waistcoat during sex again for a couple of weeks.

12 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

Pickford

TAA

Walker

Stones

Tripps

Rice

Bellingham 

Foden

Saka

Kane

Gordon

TAA to join Rice in CM when England have the ball.

Saka and Gordon stretching out wide.

Foden, Kane and Bellingham to combine in the middle.

Easy peasy

That would be really unfair on Guehi, think he’s been brilliant. TAA should be the one to miss out.

Why on Earth do pundits keep talking about finding a spot for Trent? He’s done. Get a proper left sided attacking player, either Gordon or Eze. Get Palmer on the right as first change for Saka. I’d seriously consider dropping Kane if we’re not going to press. If we’re going to play this languid style of doing fuck all pressing (which is a mistake) then at least get some pace up front to try and break quickly. I can’t stand slow as fuck football

Just now, KaKa said:

Anyone find it even more alarming that the sitting back isn't his tactical instruction?! :lol:

Yes, tbh. It points to the players not having a clue what to actually do.

Just now, KaKa said:

The manager has been there 8 years and still can't pick players in the best positions to optimize the team?

What kind of manager is this?!

He had a settled side then  a lot of the key players fell off at club level or got injured. So he dropped nearly all of them. 

would’ve been better off playing Sterling and Phillips.  That was at least a balanced side.  

Gallagher and Rice is his second choice CM pairing and it stinks. 

2 minutes ago, Ben said:

I reckon Potter is lined up next

Interesting ...

Maybe why he was so indecisive about the Leicester job.

Think he'd do a lot better tbh. Wouldn't be a bad shout at all.

Pathetic from Southgate. Kasper Hjulmand is a bang average manager at best but he completely out coached him tonight. Southgate has players like Watkins, Bowen, Gordon available to sub in, and we have fucking Damsgaard and Yussuf Poulsen. '

The difference in quality is massive on paper but dear me that was a terrible English performance.

Better from us after that inept 1-1 against Slovenia but we are average at best.

Edited by Donut

12 minutes ago, NE27 said:

Previously, I'd agree with that sentiment.

Think it's a tad unfair to call fans out for what is quite clearly mismanagement of epic proportion. 

England isn't the best side in the Euros, but nobody can tell me that side should be playing the way it has for such a prolonged amount of time. Gareth just hasn't adapted at all to the veritable wealth of decent players at his disposal.

I'd love for England to do well, just think they will always be hamstrung by our management teams adverse nature to taking any risks.

4 points from 2 games. It’s ok tbh. 

Going to keep telling myself that it's, first and foremost, all about getting out of the group and then we can "express ourselves" in the knockout rounds.

*Head in sand moment*

Will start with the midfield as that’s the problem…

Never been a big fan of Rice and even less of a Gallagher fan so neither disappointed me. Both limited.

TAA is not a midfielder and hopefully that’s the end of the experiment but it looks like it’s just going to be replaced with Gallagher.

Bellingham hasn’t played well in the last 7 games I’ve seen him. Not liking this habit of his petulantly sitting on the ground.

Walker on par but gives you little going forward. Trippier the same and done canny out of position. How he’s found himself England’s current LB seems very unprepared selection.

Pickford no issues other than in these situations a calmer keeper might be more beneficial.

Centre halves doing well considering it’s a new untested partnership.

Foden clearly not happy where he’s playing and is being wasted. Saka I don’t rate as highly as some but doing ok.

I said at the time Spurs sold Kane at the right time as his legs are going and will be interested to see how he looks next season.

Having said that 4 points is a good return from two tough games. Let’s not underestimate the opposition. Spain aside rarely have I seen a club coast through a tournament. It’s all about the knockouts.

Would love to see Foden as 10, Jude as 8, Rice as 6, Gordon as 11 with the rest that have been started. Even tempted to drop Kane but would start him and see if he fitted in I guess.

I would've been far more pleased if this was 0-0. At least then I could spend the evening thinking, well we haven't conceded so that will bode well in the knockout games. But alas here we are instead. 

6 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

4 points from 2 games. It’s ok tbh. 

It is, was that performance really ok though?

We haven't been convincing in both of them games, Denmark could and should've punished us.

Maybe me thinking England should be a tad more coherent is unrealistic.