Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Strawberry

1 minute ago, CallumG6 said:

That takes it past the point of absurdity for me then, spending any more than £15m on him.

I’d imagine if true we’d be lucky to get him for £20-22m. Centre forwards never go cheap.

Edited by LFEE

38 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

We should be trying to push one of Wilson, Almiron, Murphy or Longstaff on them rather than Minteh. Even Dan Burn as a potential Braithwaite replacement.

Is there a market for any of these players? Especially if everyone knows we need to seek before the 30th, chances are any willing buyer will be offering sweet nothing

2 minutes ago, CallumG6 said:

That takes it past the point of absurdity for me then, spending any more than £15m on him.

Everton wont sell him for 15m. Hes a decent striker, but going north of 20m is not looking like a good deal.

Shouldn't be going on about it like its Andy Cole like.

And that was by choice not forced by bullshit FFP rules.

And that still worked out fine.

9 minutes ago, CallumG6 said:

15m is absurd low for DCL and PL strikers in general. I think this deal has some major problems but for 15m its a no brainer.

Minteh looks a very rough diamond, but it'd be a shame to have to flog such a promising youngster.

I guess if no one is banging down the door for Miggy, Wilson, et al, needs must.

13 minutes ago, Scoot said:

Does sound like a great way for us to lose a decent chunk of money in the long term to save ourselves in the short term. Is this the best we can do?

Just now, gbandit said:

Does sound like a great way for us to lose a decent chunk of money in the long term to save ourselves in the short term. Is this the best we can do?

Why would Everton agree to such a deal? Literally nothing in that for them. 

5 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

15m is absurd low for DCL and PL strikers in general. I think this deal has some major problems but for 15m its a no brainer.

This! Remember Forest paid that for our version of Chris Wood after he couldn’t score in a brothel for 18 months. 

DCL seems a decent to good CF. Everton forum says he's not very clinical and the stats seem to bear that up - from FB Ref league goals scored is 79% of his expected league goals since 2017/18 when Xg stats start there - 67.3 xG, 53 goals. Excluding penalties it's 75% - 62.5 non-penalty xG, 47 non-penalty goals. - https://fbref.com/en/players/59e6e5bf/Dominic-Calvert-Lewin

Alround game looks good when I've seen him, mobile, good in the air can bring people into play. A bit different from Isak who you can't play it direct to.

Injury record is also a concern, given the big problems having an injury prone back-up striker caused this year.

Guess the question is, would this be the best use of the money we have? We're looking at around, what, 20million? Plus 100k plus a week (someone said he's on £120,000 now). That's a big chunk for a backup striker who's not very clinical, had a lot of injuries and will probably not have huge sell on value, he'll be 28 this year.

Feels like the back up role would be perfect for a younger prospect - they'd get game time to develop but wouldn't have the pressure of being the main man initially. A prospect would probably be cheaper, at least in wages, and if they do well could be profitable in the long run. Is there really no good young player somewhere in the world we could get for a cheaper oveall package?

Overall, feels like he'd be somewhere between a decent to good signing for the money, fitness record brings it down a bit, but could we do better than decent to good?

Edited by Checko

What is the price? Is the £25m people quoting coming from a legit source, or just stuff people are making up?

Feels like this is just going to be something that never comes to fruition but people will use the beat the club with for the foreseeable.

21 minutes ago, AJ9 said:

Not sure why people are getting so upset like. DCL is not a shit player. 

I think it's the selling of Minteh for him which is the reason most are more upset

6 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Why would Everton agree to such a deal? Literally nothing in that for them. 

It's basically a loan deal for Minteh disguised as a permanent transfer. They buy him for 25 million, we buy him back for 25 next summer. Not sure how anyone is losing money. Its a way around FFP.

I'm also not saying this is what's happening but it's an interesting thought.

Wait, I'm not sure I'm happy helping everton with ffp firstly [emoji38]

DCL wouldn't have been my first choice this summer but who am I to question.

21 minutes ago, KaKa said:

You're just getting yourself wound up over everything, and that's on you, so stop blaming me.

It also seems you don't quite understand the implications of FFP and PSR rules, and think we can just go out and sign all these 'better players' to fill the team.

There's a whole thread on the financial side of things and it's all been discussed to death on here, but still you don't seem to get it and would just rather complain continuously. It makes absolutely no sense.

I am not wound up in the slightest, simply pointing out that your patter is on par with those discussing football on Twitter, and that your attempts to stifle people giving their opinions with the threat of reminding everyone at a later date if they are wrong.

I won’t be saying any more on it and will be putting you on ignore.

3 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

I am not wound up in the slightest, simply pointing out that your patter is on par with those discussing football on Twitter, and that your attempts to stifle people giving their opinions with the threat of reminding everyone at a later date if they are wrong.

I won’t be saying any more on it and will be putting you on ignore.

I'm really not stifling anyone in the slightest.

Seems just because I counter what you've said, it annoys you.

Probably best to put me on in ignore in that case.

8 minutes ago, Scoot said:

It's basically a loan deal for Minteh disguised as a permanent transfer. They buy him for 25 million, we buy him back for 25 next summer. Not sure how anyone is losing money. Its a way around FFP.

I'm also not saying this is what's happening but it's an interesting thought.

Yeah I get that, it just makes no sense for Everton to agree to it. Upside capped at 25m. 

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

I'm really not stifling anyone in the slightest.

Seems just because I counter what you've said, it annoys you.

Probably best to put me on in ignore in that case.

Dont think you've countered anything mate... you're really just deferring to club judgment, which, fair play to you, is fine. But not everyone wants to cover their eyes when they see a bad deal

Just now, Upthemags said:

Dont think you've countered anything mate... you're really just deferring to club judgment, which, fair play to you, is fine. But not everyone wants to cover their eyes when they see a bad deal

Yeah, okay. Fair.

You guys seem sure it's a bad deal. I'm not so sure it is at all.

Particularly because it also solves our FFP/PSR situation, which means keeping our best players.

4 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Yeah I get that, it just makes no sense for Everton to agree to it. Upside capped at 25m. 

unless clubs are just fucking around for a season as thet know ffp will collapse or become more favourable to clubs wanting to invest.