Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Strawberry

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

Yeah, okay. Fair.

You guys seem sure it's a bad deal. I'm not so sure it is at all.

Particularly because it also solves our FFP/PSR situation, which means keeping our best players.

At the very least, probably makes sense to withhold the flogging until a deal is actually executed... for all we know this is all nonsense

I've massively overestimated our scouting team if there's anything in this. Hope they can see something I can't ala Bellamy if it's remotely true. 

Would be as underwhelming as Riviere, but without the prospect of finding a potentially unearthed gem. Shame we found a lump of turd with Riviere, rather than actually looking for lumps of turd which we'll find with DCL

7 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

Would be as underwhelming as Riviere, but without the prospect of finding a potentially unearthed gem. Shame we found a lump of turd with Riviere, rather than actually looking for lumps of turd which we'll find with DCL

:lol:

Genuinely surprised by this if our interest is indeed genuine, he is absolutely bang average. Thought we would be setting our targets far higher than a very average PL goalscorer.

17 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

I've massively overestimated our scouting team if there's anything in this. Hope they can see something I can't ala Bellamy if it's remotely true. 

💩

1 minute ago, OoOGazOoO said:

Genuinely surprised by this if our interest is indeed genuine, he is absolutely bang average. Thought we would be setting our targets far higher than a very average PL goalscorer.

Any striker will see that Isak is the starter and this will scare off top talent so we need someone who will accept being a small bit player unless of injuries.

DCL looks as tho he will be happy with this so is an option. Not my first choice but if he is bought for less than we can sell Wilson it makes sense

1 hour ago, nufc123 said:

Everton wont sell him for 15m. Hes a decent striker, but going north of 20m is not looking like a good deal.

He's in his final year of his contract. They might prefer to get £15m now than watch him walk away for nothing next year.

He was good in a ”Big physical bastard” way not much of baller though. This is anything but a sexy rumor to say the least. Could be an upside to it of course but reality is if Minteh goes in the opposite direction I don’t think we’re the winners in the deal. 🫠

2 hours ago, Ronaldo said:

What? [emoji38]

If we buy him...we won't buy another striker this window

So isak, Wilson, and calvert-lewin

OR

Isak and calvert-lewin 

See what I mean? 

2 minutes ago, clintdempsey said:

He was good in a ”Big physical bastard” way not much of baller though. This is anything but a sexy rumor to say the least. Could be an upside to it of course but reality is if Minteh goes in the opposite direction I don’t think we’re the winners in the deal. 🫠

I don't think that's true, he's good with the ball as his feet, the question marks are over his fitness and finishing, but holding up the ball is his biggest strength and something we're really missing as an option.

As a replacement for Wilson, fine. We’re not getting anyone of any greater quality to sit on the bench for most of the season.

The Minteh stuff I don’t like, but it depends on the terms of the deal.