Max Kilman

The Prophet

6 minutes ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

Some of you just can't help yourselves. Jesus fucking Christ.

Some of us need to get in to 2024. We can't be looking to sell decent players for pennies and spending millions to replace them.

FFS, so far the transfer record under him has been pretty damn good, but some of you will always ask "oh jesus. What is Eddie doing?" And when they do work out, then suddenly they pretend that they never said anything and get ready to complain about the next transfer window. It's relentless.

Edited by Vinny Green Balls

Just now, Vinny Green Balls said:

FFS, so far the transfer record under him has been pretty damn good, but some of you will always ask "oh jesus. What is Eddie doing?" And when they do work out, then suddenly they pretend that they necver said anything and get ready to complain about the next transfer window. It's relentless.

Spot on!

15 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

Finally someone who gets it here. Most seem stuck 20 years behind. Yes we might not have the best academy but it's not terrible, so we should be looking for a few mill for guys we're not looking to keep....just going on some of the dross we've spent money on over the years

I wonder if there's a reason why we dont get those offers for ours ? It's possibly that they are just not viewed as being worth it.

1 minute ago, madras said:

I wonder if there's a reason why we dont get those offers for ours ? It's possibly that they are just not viewed as being worth it.

Maybe their not, but that doesn't mean we should just bend over and take it

2 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

Maybe their not, but that doesn't mean we should just bend over and take it

What do you suggest? We keep them ?

15 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

We can't be looking to sell decent players for pennies and spending millions to replace them.

We have major problems selling players who isnt stars.

4 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

We have major problems selling players who isnt stars.

Because for years we were notoriously bad at developing players.

Kilman is a good player but I don’t see the point in signing another LCB. At least that’s where I’ve seen him play and he is left footed.  If we get a RCB too then fine. Ideally id like to see some money left for other areas too that are more important than LCB. 

Edited by Ikon

10 minutes ago, Virtua Stiva said:

Kelly has been signed as primarily LB. We struggled at the back last season, makes sense to bolster it properly

He is primarily a LCB though. Personally I’d like us to go for a high quality RCB first and foremost. I would also prefer another CM before another LCB. Midfield is massively important and we play with three from the off and lack quality there when it comes to rotation/backup. 

Edited by Ikon

Again, such a dumb piece of business if the story is true.

Anderson didn’t have a great season but was injured for a lot of it. Terrible time to sell a player when the value would be lower than it should.

When he returned at end of season he had a couple of decent games.. he adds something different in the midfield so I’d rather be keeping him to be honest.

I rate Kilman, I'm just not sure how including a player it would be pure profit to sell makes sense as a swap.

Unless you can do a bit of creative accounting with it anyway 

Doesn't seem to be confirmed Anderson is the player being offered? Maybe someone's heard it's a Geordie midfielder and made assumptions... I'd be disappointed if it was him, but if it was, it'll be Howe's judgement so I'll go with it. I would expect most people on here to be highly pleased with it judging by his thread.

Can't really comment on Kilman. From what I've seen I've liked him and he seems well respected in the game. Could easily picture him being a good signing for us therefore. Superficially it might be like Pope - not an obvious move for our summer but one that looks very important in retrospect. We don't know how dark things are for Botman currently.

I'm surprised at people flying off the handle so quickly after today, and I say that as someone who's made queasy by the idea of signing Calvert - I'm firmly against him. All the same, I recommend waiting until we sign them before we actually start griping, and ideally waiting until the whole window is concluded to see what the masterplan is.

I’m not against the idea of Kilman, seems to be a decent player and reads the game well.

Just don’t wanna be losing our youth team prospects, unless we have a buy back clause included.

1 hour ago, Kid Icarus said:

I rate Kilman, I'm just not sure how including a player it would be pure profit to sell makes sense as a swap.

Unless you can do a bit of creative accounting with it anyway 

I'm blindly hoping wolves said we want him in a deal and we simply wouldn't put up enough cash on top. Seems a mad transfer all round. And I rate him too

After decades of seeing most teams playing with two right-footed centre halves, I didn’t realise it was a footballing crime to play with two left-footed centre halves.

I hope centre mids and centre forwards take note - I’ve seen enough midfields with two right footers, but there better not be any left footers looking to team up

8 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

After decades of seeing most teams playing with two right-footed centre halves, I didn’t realise it was a footballing crime to play with two left-footed centre halves.

I hope centre mids and centre forwards take note - I’ve seen enough midfields with two right footers, but there better not be any left footers looking to team up

I was going to make this post.

Schar played on the left of a pair when Lascelles came in and Schar was excellent. Its very much over-done.

Edited by STM

12 hours ago, Holloway said:

Probably best to see if there's any meat on the bones before fucking about with formations

There was a true vision in Eddie’s transfers and it is only right that we get to visualise this by posting formations:

Trafford

Trippier Kilman Kelly Burn

Stanley Matthews Longstaff Longstaff Cook Gordon

Farage

9 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

The anti-catholic bias remains strong since the reformation 😂

38 minutes ago, James said:

There was a true vision in Eddie’s transfers and it is only right that we get to visualise this by posting formations:

Trafford

Trippier Kilman Kelly Burn

Stanley Matthews Longstaff Longstaff Cook Gordon

Farage

Surely Farage is RW?