Miodrag Pivaš

Disco

9 hours ago, gjohnson said:

Does anyone know what happened to Pinas? Looked half decent in that 97 tournament where Tomasson looked like the player he ended up being

Remember watching us play Gateshead early that summer. Brayson up front all 4ft6 of him and pinas was dreadful. My only real memory of either in our shirt ha

20 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

At least it's not like baseball where the people you draft don't get in the team until about 7 years later. 

Aye, you've got to be a real degenerate to watch the MLB draft.

Reminds me of this classic:

Edited by Miercoles

• 4 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

Can't help but feel like he will be this Summer's Minteh. Could be the only time we actually see him in a toon top.

Was interesting watching Howe talk about Minteh yesterday.

Seemed very much a move out of a short term necessity, and not some sort of strategy.

Mitchell's comments about internal recruitment being a long term goal, also don't align with that Chelsea type model.

We will see a number of these guys come through if they are good enough.

To be fair, plenty if not everybody on here watches the Serbian second division so, we, not the club will be best placed to decide whether he's a good signing and whether his subsequent £20M sale to someone else after not kicking a ball for the first team, deserves Mitchell handing in his resignation letter.

Edited by TBG

Nemanja Matic about Miodrag: "A huge talent and serious potential… he's on the path to the national team… we haven't seen a player with such predispositions since Nemanja Vidic and Branislav Ivanovic.”

1 minute ago, Unbelievable said:

Kid has skills on the ball like. Looks more a midfielder than a defender to me.

New Fabian Schär? :pow:

1 minute ago, Unbelievable said:

Kid has skills on the ball like. Looks more a midfielder than a defender to me.

From the first reports on him when our interest was reported, he plays both positions I believe.

Any word if development squad or  flying out to meet the first team? I know there was talk about a loan etc. but hopefully he gets to meet Howe and the lads etc. 

The club socials making a bit of a deal about this. Reckon he’s gonna be in and around the first team? Or are the just advertising the shirt 

2 minutes ago, Menace said:

Considering the Serbian league is dog shit and this chap is from the second division - I wouldn't be so optimistic.

The Serbian Charlie McArthur then. Worrying. 

2 minutes ago, Menace said:

Considering the Serbian league is dog shit and this chap is from the second division - I wouldn't be so optimistic.

You may be right but the lad just turned 19.

Minteh was plying his trade in the Danish league before breaking out last year in Holland.