Anthony Elanga

Yorkie

If we get Elanga then we have no need for Murphy, both nippy players that stay on the byline and cross it

Elanga has a bit more about him and has youth too

Ideally get rid of Almiron too so it's a purple RW (e.g Chiesa) and Elanga instead of Minteh, Murphy and Almiron

That's a net upgrade

Just now, Zero said:

The only positive from these news I can take is, no more “the club has to be spend big in the summer, make a squad overhaul and give Howe a better team” non-sense. We are obviously in deep shit under FFP

We are in deep shit until Sunday you would imagine but as soon as July hits we will probably have a decent wedge to spend again. Is it the first season under Saudi owners that goes off the calculation? Spent a lot of money in that January window!

2 minutes ago, Zero said:

The only positive from these news I can take is, no more “the club has to be spend big in the summer, make a squad overhaul and give Howe a better team” non-sense. We are obviously in deep shit under FFP

I wouldn't say deep shit, but it'll take time to progress.

One good thing is that we have a good relationship with Forest, perhaps the Charnley connection. 
Wood, Shelvey etc. They've got decent players who have youth on their side. Better than having a friendly connection with an Everton. 

I'd be tempted to discuss Murillo and get the RCB issue sorted (even tho he plays LCB) instead. Get Murillo and Elanga for Minteh and Anderson plus cash. The other alternative is Awoniyi as the Isak back up - he's a good DCL alternative

Or of course MGW but he's their crown jewel so wouldn't even mind swapping Willock

Edited by kingxlnc

Just now, The Prophet said:

I'd rather lose Anderson than Minteh. Plus Elanga is a very handy player.

I really don't get this, one has done nothing for us, the other has proven he is a very handy player, young and and academy graduate.

Just now, 54 said:

I really don't get this, one has done nothing for us, the other has proven he is a very handy player, young and and academy graduate.

Yeah, that's fair. I just don't see it with Anderson, but accept I'm potentially being a bit harsh.

6 minutes ago, kingxlnc said:

One good thing is that we have a good relationship with Forest, perhaps the Charnley connection. 
Wood, Shelvey etc. They've got decent players who have youth on their side. Better than having a friendly connection with an Everton. 

I'd be tempted to discuss Murillo and get the RCB issue sorted (even tho he plays LCB) instead. Get Murillo and Elanga for Minteh and Anderson plus cash. The other alternative is Awoniyi as the Isak back up - he's a good DCL alternative

Or of course MGW but he's their crown jewel so wouldn't even mind swapping Willock

Wood really ended up doing well for them and helped them stay up, which certainly helps relations even further.

13 minutes ago, Vaj said:

We are in deep shit until Sunday you would imagine but as soon as July hits we will probably have a decent wedge to spend again. Is it the first season under Saudi owners that goes off the calculation? Spent a lot of money in that January window!

And a decent wedge on making Willock permanent in the summer before that too

PSR is just a fucking joke. Designed for no reason than to pull the ladder up from the sky 6, anti competitive bullshit. 

That said, I put Gordon in the "fuck them, take the points deduction" category along with Bruno and Isak. Be properly disgusted if we had to sell him for such shit, anti competitive reasons. Should honestly just tell the PL to get fucked, I hope we're working on something behind the scenes because there's clearly no point playing nice with them when they'll literally create rules to stop us progressing.

I like Anderson and in an idea world wouldn't sell him, but if we're getting a good right winger in and solving the PSR problem this way I could live with it. Plus, it opens up Miley's path to the first team a bit more and it's not a stretch to suggest he'll have a way higher ceiling in the CM position.

If we don’t sell anyone by Sunday I guess the pressure to sell someone we’d rather keep will have largely gone; damage been done

We really could do with avoiding a points deduction as that’ll cause difficulties in reaching Europe next season which in turn makes it harder to keep our better players and attract others.

As much as we might not to, we need to have been telling some players they aren’t needed and telling them and their agents earlier. It seems a bit of an avoidable mess.