Odysseas Vlachodimos

NSG

So we sell Anderson at 35M (value 15M)

Buy Vlachodimos at 25M (value 5M)

We technically sell Anderson for 10M....

But Anderson gets us +35M this seasons accounts and Vlach is pushed over 3-4 seasons.... (6-7M a year)

Just creative accounting right?

Just now, The Butcher said:

Reckon he'll be third choice.

That's where he landed at Forrest and wanted to leave because of it. Would be surprised if that's what we sold him - I recon he could be seen as our No.2.

We've been tentatively linked to a few free agent shitey goalkeepers to be number 3. This is effectively the same I'd hope, but rather than a free transfer we pay 5 million or so - but actually it's just offset against an inflated fee for Anderson.

Just now, BlazeT44 said:

So we sell Anderson at 35M (value 15M)

Buy Vlachodimos at 25M (value 5M)

We technically sell Anderson for 10M....

But Anderson gets us +35M this seasons accounts and Vlach is pushed over 3-4 seasons.... (6-7M a year)

Just creative accounting right?

Yes and no, even though this is obviously a FFP fudge you’re staying paying for this guy over the course of however long his contract is. If hes useless then this is a terrible deal. 

7 minutes ago, McCormick said:

He’s terrible, man :lol: . Genuinely can’t think of a worse keeper ever to have worn a Benfica shirt.

Obviously a little bit of PSR shithousery going on here.

That is it. It doesn’t matter.

They might as well be selling you some furniture. A collection of northern soul vinyl. A 16 reg Kia Sportage. A wardrobe (ikea Askedal unassembled). That little actor in all those Shane Meadows films. 

it’s all about the numbers. 

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

There is no way we would get away with buying him for a big fee imo.

If we did then this would cause the rule change to come in.

It is difficult to value youngsters with potential but signing a 30 year old 3rd choice keeper for big money would set the alarm bells off.

Just now, huss9 said:

so how the fuck do the perm league go after this one?

who sets FMV?

lawyers at the ready.

They can’t, they have no provision in the rules to stop this. People will cite good faith but that’s such a weak provision especially as a few of these deals have already gone through. 

3 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Yes and no, even though this is obviously a FFP fudge you’re staying paying for this guy over the course of however long his contract is. If hes useless then this is a terrible deal. 

Aye, but as I understand it, if we're only paying him a modest wage (maybe replacing Dubravka), then the 25m is really here nor there.

We're getting 10m for Anderson plus lots of wiggle room with FFP

8 minutes ago, NE27 said:

It would be an honour to sign forests 3rd choice keeper*

*Just incase Masters or PL are monitoring the forum

The only thing that cunt's monitoring us how much of Bhoely, Ratface and Henry's jizz he's got covering his face

Just now, BlazeT44 said:

Aye, but as I understand it, if we're only paying him a modest wage (maybe replacing Dubravka), then the 25m is really here nor there.

We're getting 10m for Anderson plus lots of wiggle room with FFP

A guy who took a step down from Benfica to Forest? I doubt his wage is that modest. And we will already be suffering with amortisation so adding more on a player or no value or use isn’t a good deal. 

let’s see how much the fee for him works out at. 

19 minutes ago, NE27 said:

I just don't even know what I'm looking at anymore.

The PL has become some weird experiment [emoji38]

Yep.

I've said it before and I'll say it again ....

If the premier league want to turn football into a game of accountancy, then the teams are within their rights to play that game

It's a complete nonsense but the premier league have took us here.

The more they try to close various loopholes the more they will tie themselves in knots