Odysseas Vlachodimos

NSG

I bet the FFP peddlers are hopping mad about this despite it achieving its purported goal of making sure clubs operate within their means and don't get into financial difficulty.  Forest and Newcastle come to mutually agreeable transfer deal, like 99% of all previous transfers, this is an outrage.

1 hour ago, TheBrownBottle said:

You know when Champ Man isn’t going well, so you create a second manager profile and overpay for a reserve so that you’ve got money again - then retire the second profile?

Aye, that :)

(Of course, no self-respecting Champ Man player would even contemplate such a thing …)

I used to do that on Multi Player Soccer Manager. Could manage 8 non-league teams and used some as farm clubs for others re their best players and to sell them players the top 2-3 clubs didn't need anymore, the lower ones go nowhere the ones at the top just go stronger.

Glad real football could never be so absurd.

1 hour ago, TheBrownBottle said:

You know when Champ Man isn’t going well, so you create a second manager profile and overpay for a reserve so that you’ve got money again - then retire the second profile?

Aye, that :)

(Of course, no self-respecting Champ Man player would even contemplate such a thing …)

I used to do this all the time. I also used to take over my title challenging rivals, offer all their 1st team squad and reserve squad new 5 year deals, on max amount of wages with 25% wage rises each year and millions in signing on fees to each of them. After a little while they went bankrupt. Left me with Ipswich, Southampton or someone similar as my main title rivals. That'll teach them to try and topple me!

Good Times. [emoji38]

Edited by Scoot

56 minutes ago, 54 said:

We as a fanbase massive undervalue our players, Archie Gray is going for £35m and hasn't had any Premier League experience, unlike Anderson.

I saw Alex make this same point on the TTR channel, I think he used Lewis Hall as an example which is fair enough really.

Just now, Skeletor said:

This is the part of the dealings today which stinks. Would we sign this guy in normal circumstances?

You'd assume not. 

Could be that he was somewhere on the list of potential third choice keeper additions though, and we've used the Anderson deal as a vehicle to get him in. I'd imagine out of all the signings we need to make, as long as they're a good sort and fit the "no dickheads" policy, the list of potential third keepers is much of a muchness really.

1 minute ago, TRon said:

I saw Alex make this same point on the TTR channel, I think he used Lewis Hall as an example which is fair enough really.

Things will be better once the last hold outs from the Ashley era are gone and all our players have some value.

1 minute ago, Skeletor said:

This is the part of the dealings today which stinks. Would we sign this guy in normal circumstances?

The circumstances aren’t normal though. So all good in light of the circumstances. Excited to see the incomings and outgoings after today. Bet our squad will be stronger come the end of the window too.

Crazy innit...he played over 40 times for Germany up to u21 level....then switched to Greece!

(A bit like Shola with Nigeria, I suppose)

Edited by Jinky
info

I'm sure there's some kind of weirdo PSR reason why it makes sense to take on a third-choice goalkeeper who is probably on his way out of the league as part of the deal, but I don't know what those reasons are and I don't really care to learn.