Odysseas Vlachodimos

NSG

A) it’s from Football insider

B) if they cancel the transfer and deduct us points it’ll most certainly end up in court 

not concerned 

5 minutes ago, gdm said:

A) it’s from Football insider

B) if they cancel the transfer and deduct us points it’ll most certainly end up in court 

not concerned 

Maybe we’ve done it to get it into court and take them to the cleaners.

It's clearly been a transfer signed in bullshit so I wouldn't be surprised if some sort of investigation was being undertaken at the lobbying of the usual suspects. If there's mechanisms available to scrutinise our business in particular, they'll be used. He wouldn't even be here if it wasn't for PSR.

1 hour ago, The College Dropout said:

If it's £20m its the mutually beneficial number for us and Forest considering the needs of PSR and the fee for Anderson.

On paper - this is the dodgiest PSR transfer. Nearly everyone else involved in the fuckery got a young player with room for improvement.

I think we tried to do deals for DCL & Elanga but couldn't make it mutually beneficial enough/the clubs wanted to keep those players.

It’s not mutually beneficial from now on - we’re lumbered with £20m being amortised, which comes out of our kitty for the next few seasons, on a bloke who didn’t look good enough to be Forest’s reserve keeper tbh

You’re 100% right that this is the dodgiest PSR transfer to date - it wouldn’t surprise me to hear that the PL are investigating it

6 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

It’s not mutually beneficial from now on - we’re lumbered with £20m being amortised, which comes out of our kitty for the next few seasons, on a bloke who didn’t look good enough to be Forest’s reserve keeper tbh

You’re 100% right that this is the dodgiest PSR transfer to date - it wouldn’t surprise me to hear that the PL are investigating it

Aye but that was the best the club could negotiate at the time.

We were well under-prepared, so we have a useless player on the books for £20m.

2 hours ago, Dr Jinx said:

They'd be right to! They signed him for 7m and he never played. How can his value have gone up more than 100%?

Exactly - of course it’s an inflated price ands anyone that defends it is speaking with their heart.

1 hour ago, Stifler said:

It’s worth noting that the Premier League has to sign off on transfers.

So if there was a problem with it, it would have been flagged when it went through and prevented.

Well clearly it has been flagged.

IMO no transfer deal will ever get sanctioned for PSR, its just to complicated and there are loads of examples of clubs paying fortunes for players that turned out to be shit 

Unless there’s a “smoking gun” like, for example, some communication between the clubs explicitly saying “you pay a little more to cover our psr shortfall and we’ll overpay for a player you don’t want” I can’t see how we can be sanctioned. You’d imagine no one associated with this deal would be daft enough to get caught out like that though.

At the end of the day you would argue that he has a lot of champions league experience, won the Portuguese league twice and has over 40 international caps. Age doesn’t matter, keepers can play until they’re almost 40 so I can’t see how they can sanction us even though it is obvious because you’re just opening a can of worms 

37 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Unless there’s a “smoking gun” like, for example, some communication between the clubs explicitly saying “you pay a little more to cover our psr shortfall and we’ll overpay for a player you don’t want” I can’t see how we can be sanctioned. You’d imagine no one associated with this deal would be daft enough to get caught out like that though.

Dan Ashworth says hi.

56 minutes ago, McCormick said:

TELEMMGLPICT000367436942_17198256150060_

1 hour ago, McCormick said:

Playing £20m for a player they paid £7m for and had dropped by the end of the season is a smoking gun, it was dodgy as fuck man.

10 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

Playing £20m for a player they paid £7m for and had dropped by the end of the season is a smoking gun, it was dodgy as fuck man.

Villa are about to double their money on Duran, a player they signed last year and hasn’t been good enough. It’s not that unusual.

5 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

Villa are about to double their money on Duran, a player they signed last year and hasn’t been good enough. It’s not that unusual.

Yeah but they haven’t been picking on Villa - they’ve been trying to nail Forrest to the wall for a while for some reason, it wouldn’t surprise me if it’s their deals that come under speculation.

20 minutes ago, Norseman said:

Is the fee confirmed to be £20M or are bed sheets getting wet for no reason?

I think the rule is we just add a bit to his £25m transfer fee every time we discuss it, and that becomes the new figure with no further questions allowed.

5 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

A few sites reporting it

i work in Nottingham and the £20m figure was given to me from them as well - the lot of them are quoting it as matter of fact.

I cant read the Athletic article thats linked in that story, but I’m hazarding a guess old Callum at Football Insider doesnt have a clue about the fee and is just farming engagement. I guess we’ll get the official numbers in time.

If it actually turns out to be £20M then fair enough. That would be extremely inflated. I just think it’s to early for this to be discussed with so much uncertainty around it.

My guess is the fee is inflated but its far less than £20M

5 hours ago, Skeletor said:

It's pretty obvious £20m is a cooked up figure for him though. He's worth next to nothing.

If we've paid £20m for him then he's worth less than nothing because that means we've basically given Anderson away for £10m.