Paul Mitchell (Sporting Director)

23 minutes ago, SAK said:

Even better that he signed for us after turning down Man U ( yeah petty, but that’s just me).

https://metro.co.uk/2024/02/15/paul-mitchell-responds-manchester-united-approach-amid-dan-ashworth-move-20284416/amp/

Yeah, they seem to be looking for a recruitment guy to work under Ashworth.

They were also going to go for Freedman in this role, when we were after him for our DOF role, before he then signed a new deal to stay at Palace.

Interesting that his recruitment model seems to be NOT to recruit where possible. Which actually makes a whole lot of sense.

I'm not sure our young conveyor belt is quite ready for this. :lol:

1 minute ago, STM said:

Interesting that his recruitment model seems to be NOT to recruit where possible. Which actually makes a whole lot of sense.

I'm not sure our young conveyor belt is quite ready for this. :lol:

He overshaw a huge transition at Monaco in 2 years which is very similar to our deadwood scenario during this summer - dramatically cut a huge squad to a more younger and dynamic one 

Just now, Mikky said:

He overshaw a huge transition at Monaco in 2 years which is very similar to our deadwood scenario during this summer - dramatically cut a huge squad to a more younger and dynamic one 

I think our remit will be different.

We need a few more ready made recruits.

On paper it looks like we've upgraded and been paid to do so. 

Let's see how it pans out, but you can't complain against what we're trying to do here and how we handled the situation. 

Buzzing with this like. With a few major signings and no more freak injuries this could be one hell of a season.

“A unique and progressive recruitment strategy enabled the Saints to outperform many of its rivals despite having a lower budget.”

What are they trying to say?

1 minute ago, geordie_b said:

Anyone able to give me a TLDR of his career and why we should be excited about him?

Credited with identifying players like Son, Mane gave opportunities to some of Monaco’s talents like Benoit Badshialle and the lad who Madrid signed from Monaco. 

so elite talent id coupled with experience of both England and Europe really ticks every box for us. 

3 minutes ago, geordie_b said:

Anyone able to give me a TLDR of his career and why we should be excited about him?

Good signy signys for MK Dons.

Good signy signys for Southampton

Good signy signys for Spurs

Good signy signys for Red Bull.

Did overall technical work for Red Bull Organisation.

Good signy signys for Monaco and big club rebuild.

We should be excited because good signy signys are good.

1 minute ago, Joelinton7 said:

“A unique and progressive recruitment strategy enabled the Saints to outperform many of its rivals despite having a lower budget.”

What are they trying to say?

Even with all their made up rules we will beat the cartel   i think