Paul Mitchell (Sporting Director)

3 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

Odd cunts on there like.

This is what happens when they crow on about taking our sporting director then we go get someone better, they can’t cope with the climb down they have to make up nonsense. One poster on there saying we will have had to pay Monaco a fortune :lol: he was unemployed 

35 minutes ago, geordie_b said:

Anyone able to give me a TLDR of his career and why we should be excited about him?

He was born in Stalybridge (I used to work there, has a kind of Consett of the North West vibe…), played for Wigan for a bit, retired early, did some other stuff, still only 42, et voila welcome to the toon! 

1 minute ago, gdm said:

This is what happens when they crow on about taking our sporting director then we go get someone better, they can’t cope with the climb down they have to make up nonsense. One poster on there saying we will have had to pay Monaco a fortune :lol: he was unemployed 

Don’t let a good Manc face saving exercise get in the way of facts. Froggy is an expert at it.

Well played from or owners 👍

I just like all the silence from them, no leeks or anything. 

Just have to trust the project that was 10 years down the road. 

Looking bright for us all 👍

Feels like Mitchell and Howe could be a match made in heaven. 

My one (slight) concern is that Howe is maybe not most known for using young/academy players when he can avoid it?

That’s not me being negative at all btw, Mitchell is a really exciting appointment and I think he sounds like exactly what we need

1 minute ago, BigValley said:

Well played from or owners 👍

I just like all the silence from them, no leeks or anything. 

Just have to trust the project that was 10 years down the road. 

Looking bright for us all 👍

Dan Ashworth must have taken them all for his allotment.

I was saying how good it would be to get Rangnick yesterday. Turns out Rangnick was the man who hired him at RB and also was the one trying to bring him to Manure initially. Quite an endorsement to have.

1 minute ago, Bunk Moreland said:

I was saying how good it would be to get Rangnick yesterday. Turns out Rangnick was the man who hired him at RB and also was the one trying to bring him to Manure initially. Quite an endorsement to have.

Woah. Now that is interesting. I like that :thup:

His overall approach and skill set is different to Ashworth, who is/was all about structure and recruiting capable people around him.

Mitchell will work very well with Nickson in identifying and then signing talent and then hopefully very well with Howe on the performance side of things.

But once bitten, twice shy.. we rolled the red carpet out for Ashworth and it didn’t work out, I’m going to be far more cautious about jumping the gun with Mitchell.

Great we have someone but let their work do the talking from here on out.