Quarter Finals: England (5p)1-1(3) Switzerland, Netherlands 2-1 Turkey

Disco

Just now, Jaqen said:

What is Rio on about Southgate deserves credit and is getting it right? :lol:[emoji38]

For changing the shape and formation and getting a better performance out of the team? Shock I know.

Wish I had it in me to get behind this England team. Neighbours were screaming like Newcastle just won the champions league. I might as well have been watching Fulham taking penalties in a pre season tournament against Stoke. 

6 minutes ago, 54 said:

Funny, how different the mood is in here compared to what I think and what seemingly the pundits think, I thought that was a very solid performance, wasn't amazing, but it certainly wasn't bad, and was out most controlled performance of the tournament.

It's was a competitive game, both teams exchanged blows, but the change of shape worked for the most part, which Southgate deserves credit for.

It was absolutely shite, Switzerland dominated second half and Southgate literally didn’t react at all until you conceded the goal. Solid defensively though but fuck me that squad could try to attack once in a while.

Just now, Vinny Green Balls said:

I meant Losing at some point on penalties. Not sure what you think I was referring to.

Ohh I thought you were doing the thing about us being spawny/lucky.

My favourite bit of the game was when the commentator said "this was what he was brought on for" when Toney went up to take his penalty.

Can't decide if the Kane shade was intentional or not. 

9 minutes ago, 54 said:

Funny, how different the mood is in here compared to what I think and what seemingly the pundits think, I thought that was a very solid performance, wasn't amazing, but it certainly wasn't bad, and was out most controlled performance of the tournament.

It's was a competitive game, both teams exchanged blows, but the change of shape worked for the most part, which Southgate deserves credit for.

I thought we were dreadful :lol:

We're stinking out this tournament alongside France 

2 minutes ago, 54 said:

For changing the shape and formation and getting a better performance out of the team? Shock I know.

Eh? It was in reference to 'staying calm' and not making subs until we conceded :lol:

Honestly I did think that was better. Don't get me wrong, it should obviously be better, but I thought it was still miles better than every match up until this point.

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

Honestly I did think that was better. Don't get me wrong, it should obviously be better, but I thought it was still miles better than every match up until this point.

This, basically.