Will Osula

1 hour ago, gdm said:

image.thumb.png.bfad7c5e24d45c154714ac5d985b66b3.png

seems a monster at youth level but hasn’t quite made that step up 

And yet again, here comes Paul Brayson to do his little dance around my head.

We could have done with this sort of profile player last season when a clearly not right Isak was doing 90+6 every week, because there was only regens on the bench that Eddie didn't even trust when games were gone just to save his legs for a bit.

Reckon he'll get plenty minutes as Wilson will inevitably only be available for around half of our games and Isak's minutes will need to be managed, especially if we're well ahead in certain games.

Quite clear we look for attributes and style here rather than a goal record, and that we trust Eddie to make a player out of him. Will be interesting to see how he gets on assuming we get it done.

4 minutes ago, duo said:

All for signing ones for the future but he's not the backup we need for Isak.

If we get a top RW, then it’s fine even if we lost Wilson. Got Gordon who can play up front with Barnes LW as another option.

Have to go into season expecting your star striker to stay fit for 95% of the season, and in the games where we’re leading and he’s done, this guy will have enough about him to do the simple stuff for the team. Shouldn’t be needing him to come on and rescue results often.

10 minutes ago, andycap said:

Is that your neck of the woods like? The heathen part 😂 

Never! :D

Edited by KaKa

Exactly the type of player we need. Young, versatile, potentially high ceiling but if he tanks we can flog to West Ham and make a decent amount purely due to his age and PL experience. 

2 hours ago, Unbelievable said:

Two footed, direct, confident. A lot to work with there.

If I wasn’t to know any better he had similar style and movement to Solanke to an extent. 

10 minutes ago, LFEE said:

If I wasn’t to know any better he had similar style and movement to Solanke to an extent. 

Aye Solanke was a better comparison than my Schade one.

So I guess we’re not signing DCL. We can’t sell Wilson other than for horse meat and when he is fit for the odd game he’ll be useful for us. 

As much as I’d like to be able to sell Wilson and get a proper 2nd striker in, it ain’t going to happen. Guess it gives us a year to assess where we are.

Surrounded by better players making better chances, and with Mr Howe coaching him, I think he could be a pretty tidy player in the future, and probably one we can sell in 2-4 years for 20-30 Million or so.

12 minutes ago, RobS said:

Surrounded by better players making better chances, and with Mr Howe coaching him, I think he could be a pretty tidy player in the future, and probably one we can sell in 2-4 years for 20-30 Million or so.

Welcome to football, 2024 edition. Go to keep the books balance.

2 minutes ago, Astroblack said:

Hopefully this works out how the random punt on Ayoze did. 

Yeah. Based on absolutely nothing at all I really prefer signings like this to a Calvert-Lewin. Suppose it’s maybe the element of unearthing a gem perhaps. 

Edited by Fak

this would be perfect for now … we’ve got one of the best strikers in the prem, and one of the other best strikers in the prem when fit, and a young lad who can help keep their minutes down and learn from them

It was always going to be difficult to find a striker to be 2nd choice and backup to Isak while being good enough to make an impact. Signing a third makes a lot of sense and obviously that has to be a youngster.