Marc Guehi

gdm

1 minute ago, Rod said:

Why do you think it's a joke.......... moron?

We will ‘definitely chase Man City and Arsenal’ is a silly comment. Quite a long shot to expect that.

Just now, The College Dropout said:

Again I like Marc Guehi.  He improves us.  And his potential may be vast. 

But from my eye test. And the stats that I’ve seen - I don’t think he’s worth £60m.    

Cool, no one cares.

1 minute ago, Rod said:

Negative, negative, negative.  Sick of it.  We are doing great in all departments, we are well run with great people in charge.  We will definitely chase Man City and Arsenal this season.  I just wished that our fan base would stop moaning.  We are progressing MASSIVELY.

Not disputing any of that we have massively improved and will no doubt be better this season and I'm hugely Optimistic for it.

Saying we've made mistakes and had shocking luck after qualifying in the past is hardly being negative. However I'd like to hear your positive thoughts from the 97/98 season where anyone sensible could see all we needed was a decent keeper and a mild improvement to defence rather changing the whole team and giving Dalglishs mates their pension fund

Just now, The College Dropout said:

But from my eye test. And the stats that I’ve seen - I don’t think he’s worth £60m.    

IMG_0030.jpeg

Just now, Vinny Green Balls said:

I think he caveated it with “or bad luck”. I’m very optimistic, but I don’t really see what’s wrong with what he said.

OK, sorry about the outburst BUT I'm still annoyed with the negative posts on here.  We are in the best place ever that I can remember in my life.  I'm fucking 67 for gods sake.  I've seen it all.

19 minutes ago, TRon said:

So is your point we don't need to improve our RW and that Miggy and Murphy are good enough?

Not at all, and how the hell you came to that conclusion puzzles me.

The point you made was that we needed CL players to play in the CL.
As I said we got there without and bar injury’s and dodgy decisions gods knows how far we would have gone in the competition.

Any way would be playing CL in the 26 season, 2 windows to upgrade on RW. Yeah an upgrade would be very nice but is it currently essential for the season ahead ?  Currently I don’t think so.  Considering long term injury’s we need to strengthen other places first,

This season ahead is Top 4 and a cup final, are they good enough for that job ? Well yeah and again they have already done it. Last season they both ran them selves into the ground for us due to injury’s and were very rarely available together. Remember the Fatigue last season 🤪🤪

As for buying CL quality players well 

A, We cannot afford them and to be honest are not big enough to draw them. Yet.

B, We have a world class coaching network, that thanks to the scouting network has already found and coached 3 players into CL quality players and already looks like adding another 2 players to that list.

Point B is  our only viable model currently, until the PSR shackles are off anyway.

Just now, Rod said:

OK, sorry about the outburst BUT I'm still annoyed with the negative posts on here.  We are in the best place ever that I can remember in my life.  I'm fucking 67 for gods sake.  I've seen it all.

I feel the same, but I think gjohnson is probably one of the least of our worries with negative posts on here.

1 minute ago, gjohnson said:

Not disputing any of that we have massively improved and will no doubt be better this season and I'm hugely Optimistic for it.

Saying we've made mistakes and had shocking luck after qualifying in the past is hardly being negative. However I'd like to hear your positive thoughts from the 97/98 season where anyone sensible could see all we needed was a decent keeper and a mild improvement to defence rather changing the whole team and giving Dalglishs mates their pension fund

Been there, seen it, got the t shirt.  Move on man.

4 minutes ago, Rod said:

Apart from a domestic trophy.

6 minutes ago, JJ7 said:

We will ‘definitely chase Man City and Arsenal’ is a silly comment. Quite a long shot to expect that.

We will see moron.

1 minute ago, Ikon said:

I’m sitting here watching Guehi’s England press conference from the Euros. What the fuck is wrong with me.. 

Nowt mate, like the rest of us your obsession with the club is mental [emoji38]

Just now, Bimpy474 said:

Nowt mate, like the rest of us your obsession with the club is mental [emoji38]

Feels good to hear mate. I think… :lol: 

10 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

image.thumb.jpeg.4fd923b26e0de089281fb08fb465535b.jpeg

vs 

image.thumb.jpeg.5e996e6127f0d243832cf64a2353eb86.jpeg

Which one is the £60m defender?

At this point I've said and shown all I need to.

If and when he comes in we'll see. Same deal with Lloyd Kelly, who you are convinced is squad filler.

Just a matter of time now.

10 minutes ago, Rod said:

Bet you've never seen a makem in Milan?

18 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

60 million is a lot for a CB like Guehi. Especially when we still need a class RW.

30 minutes ago, Rod said:

Negative, negative, negative.  Sick of it.  We are doing great in all departments, we are well run with great people in charge.  We will definitely chase Man City and Arsenal this season.  I just wished that our fan base would stop moaning.  We are progressing MASSIVELY.

Preach brother.