Marc Guehi

gdm

Edwards jumping the gun then

Typical of him really. Everyone full of joy and hope and he'll be put a dampener on it.

Everyone doom and gloom and he'll make out something great is happening

Little nonce what he is

Edited by jack j

9 minutes ago, Infinitely Content said:

Feels like a brilliant signing, I just hope it doesn't spell the end for Schar as a starting player for us. I'd like to see Schar continue on the right of the two with Guehi to come in alongside him. As a result, Botman's recovery can be a lot more controlled - which is perhaps part of the plan in signing Guehi given he's proved to be proficient on the left whilst also being the long term right-sided player.

I've seen a number of people mentioning the possibility of a back five.

No need to start Murphy or Miggy. Either or Barnes would be really good options for 20-30 minutes.

That is, if the club can't afford both RW and CB.

Think the club feel this is in the bag. All the PR has been carefully managed. Think it’s further along than they are saying. Tweets they put out will be what the club want them to know and that’ll be from days ago. 

Edited by Joelinton7

No-one ever accepts the first bid - for anything tbh. Palace are going to replace him and they'll need time to pick their player so the onus is on both clubs to wrap it up quickly rather than dragging it out. Just sit tight and let them haggle then agree a fee hopefully

11 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Aka buying club does normal thing of wanting to pay less than what selling club wants. They eventually meet in the middle. It’s called business. Also it’ll not have been “rejected” per se. We’ll make the bid, they’ll say “can you go a little higher?” Trying to squeeze us and they’ll negotiate from there. 

Edited by Joelinton7

It seems like Palace are openly negotiating with us and Guehi has likely told them he wants the move.

There's not much going back from Palaces end. Them pulling out now would cause them a big problem.

Our only worry is another side coming in but it's not looking likely, besides hopefully he's got his heart set on seeing bridges.

1 minute ago, Menace said:

So quick to quote Edwards in the title when its something positive :lol:

He definitely still has Ornstein level authority in terms of thread titles and he really shouldn't.

If Palace weren't willing sellers, they wouldn't be talking. I wonder if Mitchell is on good terms with Palace because it seems weird to me that Palace are so receptive.

Mind 60m is the sort of money that is game changing for Palace. They will be able to get 3/4 players off the back of it.

I'm just glad negotiations seem to progressing quite well, without a bunch of drama.

Palace are really tough to negotiate with and tend to get annoyed easily if things aren't done properly.

They had all these specific steps in place regarding Olise that took Bayern a while to navigate before finally tying up the deal.

Edited by KaKa

3 minutes ago, STM said:

If Palace weren't willing sellers, they wouldn't be talking. I wonder if Mitchell is on good terms with Palace because it seems weird to me that Palace are so receptive.

Mind 60m is the sort of money that is game changing for Palace. They will be able to get 3/4 players off the back of it.

They have just got £55m for Olise aswell by the way 

Edited by Magpie