Marc Guehi

gdm

A couple of poor moments 😂 

I remember last season majority of us where hollering to get him off the pitch for tino. Must be a massive fan of his to think he only had couple of poor moments. 

Just now, andycap said:

Thanks 

You are welcome…

Even the Chelsea cup game he wasn’t fit to play but Kraft got absolutely done by a bad challenge which he managed to hobble on until half time. Same half time Botman game off for Burn as he was struggling with a niggle. Gordon got that game too with a bad tackle in first minutes and couldn’t run it off and was replaced by Ritchie for almost a full half.

Yeah he made a mistake right at the end. I know I was there and was gutted. He then missed a penalty in the shoot out. However he was never down to play the game in reality. He wasn’t fit.

4 minutes ago, andycap said:

A couple of poor moments 😂 

I remember last season majority of us where hollering to get him off the pitch for tino. Must be a massive fan of his to think he only had couple of poor moments. 

Again showing your lack of attention to detail. See my post just earlier. Made it clear I’ve never actually rated Trippier before he came to us. I also made it clear when he’s been fit for us he’s been great for us overall.

Anyway it’s a point probably beyond arguing with you now.

Lets re-boot the topic…

Guehi for £65m or Branthwaite for £65m…

Who would people choose?

4 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Again showing your lack of attention to detail. See my post just earlier. Made it clear I’ve never actually rated Trippier before he came to us. I also made it clear when he’s been fit for us he’s been great for us overall.

Lets re-boot the topic…

Who would people choose?

I’d choose Branthwaite. Further beyond in development, higher ceiling in my opinion but I don’t think there’s a huge amount in it right now 

5 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Lets re-boot the topic…

Who would people choose?

Branthwaite has the higher ceiling and younger as well, however isn’t he primarily a left sided CB?

6 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Lets re-boot the topic…

Who would people choose?

Branthwaite if we were after a left sided CB

On 10/08/2024 at 16:43, Robbo2 said:

He's terrified every time he's near the ball either in or out of possession. Very odd footballer

29 minutes ago, LFEE said:

I’ve already posted who we beat in November.

He had a couple of poor games and moments but until he got injured he was arguably in his best form the Aug-Nov. He had a poor December playing injured. He dropped out the team. Returned probably too soon but considering the club nearly sold him also he recovered his form until injury ruled him out from March for the rest of the season almost with him only playing against Man Utd from the start and one moment aside for the offside line he got through it for an hour but again looked unfit and didn’t return.

The fact you got the cup wrong merely highlights your memory might just be playing tricks on you.

Ooooooh! (clutches handbag).

7 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Lets re-boot the topic…

Who would people choose?

Good question.

Branthwaite probably has a higher ceiling, though his dominant foot is his left foot. Has all the tools to be top class, granted he's still playing through his errors.

Guehi is probably a better fit for us though. Comfortable with the ball at his feet and the recovery pace we're crying out for. Seems to have similar "weaknesses" to Schar, but Eddie will not doubt get an extra 20% out of him.

They'd both come at a premium, but that's the price you pay for Premier League experience.

30 minutes ago, LFEE said:

I’ve already posted who we beat in November.

He had a couple of poor games and moments but until he got injured he was arguably in his best form the Aug-Nov. He had a poor December playing injured. He dropped out the team. Returned probably too soon but considering the club nearly sold him also he recovered his form until injury ruled him out from March for the rest of the season almost with him only playing against Man Utd from the start and one moment aside for the offside line he got through it for an hour but again looked unfit and didn’t return.

The fact you got the cup wrong merely highlights your memory might just be playing tricks on you.

My memory is shite on dates/time etc but excellent of how we played  or individual displays.  Tripps was shite for a good few months during December onwards.

The pub that I was in (Lanzarote remember) was half full of Geordies and most of them wanted to dismember Tripps for his performance that evening.

14 minutes ago, gbandit said:

I’d choose Branthwaite. Further beyond in development, higher ceiling in my opinion but I don’t think there’s a huge amount in it right now 

I generally don’t watch any premier league football not involving NUFC. Was absolutely astonished when there was all this talk of Branthwaite moving for big money. Only time I’ve ever seen him play was when he came on as a sub at SJP and looked like he’d never played football before.

Assuming he’s improved?

2 minutes ago, Dr Venkman said:

I generally don’t watch any premier league football not involving NUFC. Was absolutely astonished when there was all this talk of Branthwaite moving for big money. Only time I’ve ever seen him play was when he came on as a sub at SJP and looked like he’d never played football before.

Assuming he’s improved?

I’d say so, Everton were actually good defensively last season, just horrific going forward. He’s fast, extremely strong, good in the air and has good technique. Given his age I think he’ll go on to be an 8-10 year first choice CB for England 

Honestly the state of some of the comments in here.Think I'm done with 'modern' football and it's so called fans. Turning noses up at a top centre half and turning the thread into a Trippier is shite thing.  Must be my age but fuck me we were never this fickle. Give me a league cup or something then I'm off to non league.

1 minute ago, beerherenow said:

Honestly the state of some of the comments in here.Think I'm done with 'modern' football and it's so called fans. Turning noses up at a top centre half and turning the thread into a Trippier is shite thing.  Must be my age but fuck me we were never this fickle. Give me a league cup or something then I'm off to non league.

Oh fuck off ya fanny!

I fucking hate our fans sometimes.

14 years of what we had and then just immediately recalibrating your scale so that shit no longer refers to our football under Bruce, or Obertan, Riviere or Hendrick. It means 'the second half of Trippier's 23/24 season' :lol:

Entitled little bitches. 

Edited by Kid Icarus

See the Guehi thread has a load of new pages

Get excited about the prospect of reading new developments in the sage

Then read the comments.......

Has UnhingedVlad got his account back or something. 

I think Branthwaite’s ability on the ball is on par with Dan Burn and not suited to a top level side that wants to play any sort of possession based football, which is why Southgate likely took Dunk over him. He also panics when pressed by attackers so he will need to improve that considerably to play at the top level.

Everton’s style of football really suits him, a low block, ultra defensive and disciplined structure where they don’t actually want possession of the ball, instead happy for the opposition to have it and to try and break them down. 

Why pass it around the back when you can boot it aimlessly long?

Guehi is more of a modern centre back, he is comfortable in possession and has a good reading of the game without the ball, it is what you would expect from a young player coming through Chelsea’s academy.

Edited by Matt1892